Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Direct run between Junction and Flatonia on I-10?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BerTX

Supporting Member
May 2, 2014
Texas/Washington
There was discussion in other I-10 SC threads about the need for a Supercharger in Fort Stockton and San Antonio to complete the I-10 route. I am familiar with trying to go directly between Ozona and Van Horn, but since I live near San Antonio, I have never thought about making the direct run from Junction to Flatonia without making a jog through San Marcos.

The trip, staying on I-10, is 204 miles. The portion of I-10 between Junction and Kerrville is 80 mph. Speed limits in San Antonio are generally 60-65. The rest of the run is 75 mph. Elevation drop of 1250 ft west to east. Obviously wind is variable.

Has anyone made this run? It's not in a direction I would normally go, but now that I-10 is completed except for Fort Stockton and SA, there will be people wanting to drive through.

This is an old thread, but we make that leg fine all the time. We have a Model X 100D. Charge up in Flatonia, coast through San Antonio traffic and construction, and try to keep it under 75. We get there with 40-80 miles left depending on the weather. A lot better than going to San Marcos. We skipped Ozona when coming back from Fort Stockton last time. Guess that will depend on weather also, but heading West is more uphill, so we stop at Ozona. 100D might be a bigger pack than a 85 or 75 though, lol.

Reactions: BerTX