Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Directline insurance FSD and Acceleration Boost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Direct Line last night to tell them I forgot to mention I also had FSD and at first they said as the modification\upgrade was more than their allowed price bracket of £800, they have no choice but to cancel my insurance all together!!!! I had to then explain that its not a physical thing like a spoiler on the boot, its a software change from Tesla itself, after which they said they would have a chat with the UK underwriting team and see what they say, eventually they came back and said yes, you get a 5% refunded, in my case £40 :)

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel and MrBadger
I called Direct Line last night to tell them I forgot to mention I also had FSD and at first they said as the modification\upgrade was more than their allowed price bracket of £800, they have no choice but to cancel my insurance all together!!!! I had to then explain that its not a physical thing like a spoiler on the boot, its a software change from Tesla itself, after which they said they would have a chat with the UK underwriting team and see what they say, eventually they came back and said yes, you get a 5% refunded, in my case £40 :)
A 5%% refund from DL because you have FSD? They didn't offer me that!

A 5%% refund from DL because you have FSD? They didn't offer me that!
I would suggest give them a call again and give my example, if they still don't understand (as happened with me, I was on the phone for 20 mins), then ask them to speak to the underwriting dept. (which must be UK based) and see what they have to say about it, , as opposed to customer services going by the script.

Reactions: AnthonyLR