Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dirt in model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a video by that Quebecois garage owner who sells mudflaps, a couple years ago, showing all the dirt that collects in the under tray. My Volt did that as well. The aero design definitely contributes to it, and when you rotate your tires, or switch from Summer to Winter or Winter to Summer tires, it's a good time to hose out the accumulated dirt.

Perhaps a note to others: There should be emphasis on "good to be aware of". It's not something you need to clean out yearly. If you want to worry about doing something yearly, service your brakes (not replace, that's different).

Many, many cars are like this in the rear especially (not so much in the front for ICE as it's usually open underneath). It often doesn't cause noticeable problems, except the wheel well one noted in the first video (which may or may not actually lead to any issue long-term - most of it is painted and whatnot).

My Model 3 probably has one of the higher amounts of time driving on dirt roads, and after a year it was actually a bit better than OP's videos. I left most of the dirt in there (I was doing something else under the car).