TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Dirty HEPA Cabin Air Filter replaced

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ben1628, Sep 27, 2019.

1. ben1628

ben1628 Member

After 35K km, that is what my air filters look like

IMG_0372.JPG

Brought new filter from Tesla, replace them myself, not difficult at all.

• Like x 2
  2. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Active Member

Did you have the gunk smell? I had to spray a whole can of the mildew cleaner to make mine odor free before replacing the filters.

3. noicepls

noicepls Member

HEPA filters: for the Model 3?

4. ben1628

ben1628 Member

No, I don't smell anything there. The problem I had is when I first have the car, I don't smell anything from outside, esp those weed smell, now I can.

Hopefully with the replacement, I'm back to clean air again. lol

• Funny x 1
  5. ben1628

ben1628 Member

Yes, Model 3 LR RWD. Order it through Tesla service. $21 each. They can install it for $40 ish., but if you watch YouTube, it is not that difficult.

However, I would recommend you use wrench with the T20 because it is a tight area. The flexible shaft that you saw in YouTube may not last. The screw is pretty tight.

• Disagree x 1
    • Love x 1
  6. Al604

Al604 Member

I don't think the Model 3 have hepa filters, just a regular cabin filter. Some aftermarket ones have a charcoal cabin filter available. The Hepa filters for Model X and S are a few hundred dollars.

• Like x 3
  7. ben1628

ben1628 Member

They are HEPA except they are not hospital grade.

• Funny x 1