Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disable Auto Present Doors at Home - Workaround

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying a new workaround to temporarily prevent my phone from auto presenting my Model X doors (2022 Refresh Plaid). Rather than turning off the feature from the car, I simply swipe to open the control center on my iPhone and hit the BT icon. I learned that by temporarily turning off BT using this method rather than completely turning off BT in the the control panel settings of the iPhone, the phone BT connection will keep BT on for apple devices like watch and also Airplay, and only disconnect third party app access to BT. It resets at 5 am the next day.

So I can quickly swipe down to reveal control center on my iPhone and hit BT icon before I walk into garage and walk past the car and it’s silent as a lamb, and then either swipe down again to reenable afterwards or if I forget it will reenable itself early the next morning.

So this is kind of a way to turn on and off your phone key.

Just playing around but it seems to work well and allows me some flexibility to temp disable the feature. I so wish there was an in car toggle to disable auto present at home (similar to auto fold mirror flexibility).

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
I like your idea. After spending most of the weekend in the garage, near the car, this would have been helpful.
FYI-You can tell Siri to "Turn off Bluetooth" and "Turn on Bluetooth"
True, but Siri will turn off the entire BT stack including BT with apple devices. The method I posted will maintain BT for apple devices and temporarily turns of BT only for 3rd party apps (ie Tesla).

Reactions: Nosken
Use an app like IFTTT to turn off your bluetooth when in proximity of your home and to turn on when out of proximity
Good idea, and I can do this without IFTTT using the Home app. But this too completely disables BT while my method above will maintain BT for apple devices and Airplay.

Would reeeealllly like Tesla to allow option to disable autopresent at home.

• Informative
Reactions: Mako11
This is what I've been doing as well... Every day when I get home from work I walk by the car in the driveway and the door pops open.... I was hesitant to turn off Bluetooth every time since I have an apple watch and I'm usually wearing airpods, etc.... But I discovered your trick a few weeks ago and have been using it ever since. I usually just leave it off till next morning and haven't had any issues. I just have to remember to flick it back on if I have to go out in the evening after getting home... But that's no big deal.

Reactions: AdamHLG
Won't work for me. I drive a M3 too. As I pull into garage in M3, MX door pops open. And I need to have BT active to drive M3 away.
Can all of us write to [email protected] and ask for Exclude at Homenlike Sentry? Maybe a few dozen notes will get their attention?
Dun.
Screenshot_20221014_052524.jpg