Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disable heated seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night I just happened to check the charging status with the phone app. Much to my surprise the driver's seat and the back seats were heating up!
I don't even know how to turn the back seats on. I probably won't ever use the heated seats. Is there a way to disable them? I don't want the
car to turn the heat on randomly. Also placement seat heat icons is bad. It is way to easy turn turn the seat heat on by accident. Is there anyway to hide those icons?

• Love
Reactions: beachmiles
Currently there is no way to customize the Tesla screens, menus inside the Tesla Model 3, Model Y vehicle or the Tesla phone app. Unless you set the Climate Control to remain On after you parked, exited the Tesla Model Y the seat heaters would not remain on.

When using the Tesla app you don't need to open the Climate Control settings to precondition the Tesla vehicle. Just tap on the fan icon on left on the main Tesla app screen. Your previous Climate Control settings will be used for the preconditioning cycle. One twist, if you have an Easy Entry user profile set up then the Easy Entry Profile Climate Control settings will be used for the preconditioning cycle. When you have an Easy Entry profile, when parking, after you unbuckle your seat belt and before you open the door be sure to set the Climate Control settings the way you want for the next preconditioning cycle. The Tesla vehicle will save the Climate Control settings under the Easy Entry profile.

Currently there is no way to customize the Tesla screens, menus inside the Tesla Model 3, Model Y vehicle or the Tesla phone app.

It's actually a good idea though, and I wish there were customizations available. I'd love to disable app-based trunk opening when in 'home' location (or at least add a confirmation, like the frunk-open has). I'm one errant press away from opening the trunk into my closed garage door.

Reactions: boaterva and cancoi
I don't believe the heated seats will turn on without you turning them on manually, via the app or on the car's screen. You must have turned them on inadvertently. My guess is it won't happen anymore now that you're aware of it.
I disagree. I never turn the heat warmers on and don't want them. I didn't even know the rear seats had heaters. LOL I hate the placement of the icons due to the ease of them coming on when adjusting the temperature.