Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disable nav volume knob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whenever I come to a stop at an intersection or in a parking lot I need to turn down the stereo so I can concentrate. If the nav is on, the volume knob doesn’t turn down the music so it’s stuck blasting until the nav voice stops.

I don’t want the knob to adjust the nav voice. Ever. How do I disable?

Whenever I come to a stop at an intersection or in a parking lot I need to turn down the stereo so I can concentrate. If the nav is on, the volume knob doesn’t turn down the music so it’s stuck blasting until the nav voice stops.

I don’t want the knob to adjust the nav voice. Ever. How do I disable?
This confuses me. When my NAV is on, my steering wheel nob adjust the music sound.

Optionally you could just press the steering wheel nob in and mute it so you can concentrate.

This confuses me. When my NAV is on, my steering wheel nob adjust the music sound.

Optionally you could just press the steering wheel nob in and mute it so you can concentrate.

Does hold for mute work on the nav? That would be a solve.

If the nav is talking the knob adjusts her voice and she is usually talkative at intersections.

I don't think you could disable it. You have 3 choices:

1) mute the nav volume on the touch screen. I think if your nav volume is muted, the wheel won't adjust the nav volume.
2) wait until nav has speaking before adjusting music volume just as you are doing now.
3) hit the pause button on the media screen instead of lowering the volume on the music, but can't do that if you are listening to live radio.

• Helpful
Reactions: dogldogl