TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Disable nav volume knob

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Cbjorgol, Feb 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Cbjorgol

Cbjorgol Member

Whenever I come to a stop at an intersection or in a parking lot I need to turn down the stereo so I can concentrate. If the nav is on, the volume knob doesn’t turn down the music so it’s stuck blasting until the nav voice stops.

I don’t want the knob to adjust the nav voice. Ever. How do I disable?

2. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

This confuses me. When my NAV is on, my steering wheel nob adjust the music sound.

Optionally you could just press the steering wheel nob in and mute it so you can concentrate.

3. Cbjorgol

Cbjorgol Member

Does hold for mute work on the nav? That would be a solve.

If the nav is talking the knob adjusts her voice and she is usually talkative at intersections.

4. dlsspy

dlsspy Member

You can mute the nav by pressing the little volume button on the nav screen. I end up doing that because if I'm listening to music, the nav volume is always either too loud or too quiet. Best to just be silent.

• Like x 1
  5. GOPJEW

GOPJEW Member

While the Nav is "speaking" you can adjust the volume with the knob - or, at any time you can touch the speaker on the Nav touchscreen and adjust the Nav volume that way. It becomes a static setting.

6. Need

Need Active Member

I don't think you could disable it. You have 3 choices:

1) mute the nav volume on the touch screen. I think if your nav volume is muted, the wheel won't adjust the nav volume.
    2) wait until nav has speaking before adjusting music volume just as you are doing now.
    3) hit the pause button on the media screen instead of lowering the volume on the music, but can't do that if you are listening to live radio.

• Helpful x 1