Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disable opening trunk with external button.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does one disable the external "open trunk" button on the trunk lid? There is a common theft method in which the thief approaches a vehicle as it is parking, and as soon as the driver opens his door the thief opens the now-unlocked trunk, grabs what he can, and runs away. My intention is to foil this common attack.

I would not mind simply disconnecting the connector to the switch, but would prefer a more sanctioned method if possible. Thanks.
I do not understand how disabling the "Open Trunk" button will help stop or prevent the thief carry out his plot. You use this button when you are standing out there behind the trunk and the thief can not do his job 😂🤣😅

Reactions: rpiotro
I mean really dude, what is in the trunk worth protecting.
In the name of Jack and coke (in the bottle) most people
take out the gold bars before going shopping. You could place
a note, do not damage the car and heres $50. Catus is nice touch.
Or a body bag that has open only with hasmat gear.
A case of cheap vodka is always a thrill to trunk men.
Or just move, .... never mind (happy hour)

Reactions: rpiotro
1648313796489.png

I believe that the LAW's arming distance exceeds the phone app's Bluetooth range. So it might work as vigilance against the fleeing thief, but not deterrent.

In any case, in the Model 3 there's not even enough room for an umbrella beside the seat. The LAW will never fit.
It is considered more sporting by some to fire at the fleeing miscreant as he departs. I agree. That way the cops find him with YOUR stuff in possession...