Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disable rear seat belt warning (dog)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drive a dog on the rear seats and she is not tethered to a seat belt. She moves around a bit and when braking or accelerating, the seat belts warnings come on.

I've read that I should be able to disable the seat belt warning while in drive mode and just by pressing the seat belt warning icon, but nothing happens. Perhaps because I'm driving? (the problem is that the warnings are intermittent and they're not "on" when the car is still).

Any ideas apart from plugging in seat belts?

When the red circle pops up, just tap on it to grey it out and put it in child seat mode.

Tried it several times, does nothing. I figured it must be because I was driving. I also tried that while standing still, nothing happens. I see that the red icon is "clickable" (it changes color when clicking on the "button"), but does not disable the warning.

Well, I solved it by just plugging in the seat belts :)

When the red circle pops up, just tap on it to grey it out and put it in child seat mode.
I tried it again, with driver seat, front passenger seat and left rear passenger seat. The icon is "clickable" but it does not disable the warning. Tried clicking it once, twice, holding it for 5, 10 seconds...

Oh well, perhaps it is the different FW versions...

Assume you are using one of the child-seat anchor points instead? If not, you really should harness/tether your dog. If you get in an accident she will become a projectile. A Tesla driver in my area got into a wreck a couple weeks ago, and the untethered dog died when it's back was broken in the crash. So sad reading the story of how the owner had to sit there after an accident listening to a dog howl for an hour before it died.

Tim

Assume you are using one of the child-seat anchor points instead? If not, you really should harness/tether your dog. If you get in an accident she will become a projectile. A Tesla driver in my area got into a wreck a couple weeks ago, and the untethered dog died when it's back was broken in the crash. So sad reading the story of how the owner had to sit there after an accident listening to a dog howl for an hour before it died.
The dog should be in the cage, which should be fixed in the car, really. I have a cage that I sometimes used in a previous car, but it is too big for Tesla.

And you're absolutely right, driving untethered dog around is not safe.

Reactions: TBrownTX
I tried it again, with driver seat, front passenger seat and left rear passenger seat. The icon is "clickable" but it does not disable the warning. Tried clicking it once, twice, holding it for 5, 10 seconds...

Oh well, perhaps it is the different FW versions...
Same think happens to me. My dog sets is the exact weight to intermittently set off seatbelt warning, and when it pops up, it disappears immediately. I don't have a chance to adjust it on the screen. Very annoying.