Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disable rear seats seat belt warning

Baymax123

Aug 26, 2020
Arlington
I just had my model 3 delivered and today is the first time I had three friends seat in the car. The car keep warning me that rear seats belt is not plugged in. There is no law in my state saying that rear seats passengers should buckle up but the car is just keep warning and warning me all the time. Is there a way to disable rear seats seat belt warning?

Marius A

Apr 2, 2019
NORWAY
First: I think this is a stupid idea.

Second: Yes, there are two hinges just beneath the front lip of the rear seats. You swivel them sideways and lift up the rear seat. One on the left side and one on the right.
Be very careful, because there are 2 cable bundles underneath, one which is for heating the seats, and one for "reporting weight" on the back seats.
I don't know which is for what. The the 2021 both clips are on the same side, on earlier builds it's one cable on each side.

LionXng

Mar 4, 2020
Virginia
You can tell your friend to buckle up. Just because there is no law doesn't mean it is a bad idea.
Also, you can hit the button on the screen to identify that seat as having a carseat, since your friend is a big baby who can't wear a seatbelt...

Last edited:

Marius A

Apr 2, 2019
NORWAY
You can tell your friend to buckle up. Just because there is no law doesn't mean it is a bad idea.
Also, you can hit the button on the screen to identify that seat as having a carseat, since your friend is a big baby who can't wear a seatbelt...
Ah, much better than my suggestion.
This makes my suggestion as stupid as driving without a seat belt...

• Funny
Reactions: LionXng

SigNC

Aug 23, 2017
NC
1) have them put a seatbelt on
2) if you really want to ignore safety you can simply set their seat to a baby seat by tapping the seat in the gui.

SanteeMike

Aug 21, 2018
El Cajon, Ca
I just had my model 3 delivered and today is the first time I had three friends seat in the car. The car keep warning me that rear seats belt is not plugged in. There is no law in my state saying that rear seats passengers should buckle up but the car is just keep warning and warning me all the time. Is there a way to disable rear seats seat belt warning?

Yes, when the warning comes up just click it and it'll be disabled (goes grey). I have dogs and have to do this often.

Silicon Desert

Oct 1, 2018
Sparks NV / GF 1
Well, I am guessing you know that the Tesla isn't aware of laws in your state :D Even if it isn't a law, wouldn't it be wise to have them use seatbelts anyway.

Reactions: SigNC

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC