Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disable rear seats seat belt warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my model 3 delivered and today is the first time I had three friends seat in the car. The car keep warning me that rear seats belt is not plugged in. There is no law in my state saying that rear seats passengers should buckle up but the car is just keep warning and warning me all the time. Is there a way to disable rear seats seat belt warning?

First: I think this is a stupid idea.

Second: Yes, there are two hinges just beneath the front lip of the rear seats. You swivel them sideways and lift up the rear seat. One on the left side and one on the right.
Be very careful, because there are 2 cable bundles underneath, one which is for heating the seats, and one for "reporting weight" on the back seats.
I don't know which is for what. The the 2021 both clips are on the same side, on earlier builds it's one cable on each side.

You can tell your friend to buckle up. Just because there is no law doesn't mean it is a bad idea.
Also, you can hit the button on the screen to identify that seat as having a carseat, since your friend is a big baby who can't wear a seatbelt...
Ah, much better than my suggestion.
This makes my suggestion as stupid as driving without a seat belt...

• Funny
Reactions: LionXng
I just had my model 3 delivered and today is the first time I had three friends seat in the car. The car keep warning me that rear seats belt is not plugged in. There is no law in my state saying that rear seats passengers should buckle up but the car is just keep warning and warning me all the time. Is there a way to disable rear seats seat belt warning?

Yes, when the warning comes up just click it and it'll be disabled (goes grey). I have dogs and have to do this often.

Well, I am guessing you know that the Tesla isn't aware of laws in your state :D Even if it isn't a law, wouldn't it be wise to have them use seatbelts anyway.

Reactions: rpiotro and SigNC
You can tell your friend to buckle up. Just because there is no law doesn't mean it is a bad idea.
Also, you can hit the button on the screen to identify that seat as having a carseat, since your friend is a big baby who can't wear a seatbelt...
This doesnt work in EU…only US version can do this. There is no way to disable the tone in EU

Reactions: Oct22
It’s not the 1800’s. I’m absolutely flabbergasted that you would not wear a seatbelt. Whether it’s the law or not, that is simply stupid. Darwin awards coming your way.

Reactions: rpiotro
It’s not the 1800s. I’m flabbergasted you feel it necessary for the law to tell you to do something like that; how absurd.

Darwin Award coming your way.

Have them put on the seat belts. That will turn off the rear seat belt warning.

Besides, would you rather have them fly into you unrestrained if you crash or have to brake hard to avoid a crash?

It would be great to have a way to disable this notification in Australia. We have a dog who sits on the back seat buckled in with a harness. The harness however, only stops one seat from chiming, if the dogs weight moves slightly to another seat, the whole trip is one long sequence of super annoying chimes. We’re not even lucky enough to have the child seat option to disable it once per trip!