Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disabled autopilot/emergency braking issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SG872

Aug 4, 2022
UAS
Lately I have had issues where I am driving for a few miles or so (not on AP), then I got a on screen notification on my 2018 M3 that automatic emergency braking has been disabled. I also cannot engage TACC or AP. The screen does not show other vehicles or traffic lights/signs, but it does show lane markings, and the traffic lines at an intersection.
This has happened around 3x in the past week or so vs not happening before, and I have made sure the forward facing camera is clear.
Running firmware 2022.16.3. No additional notifications about systems being disabled
Anybody have an idea as to what could be happening? Could be be an issue with the software? or is this a hardware issue I will have to get fixed out of warranty?

Reactions: Tpstulane
There's a recent thread (last few months) on Reddit r/TeslaModel3 about people having the problem. Tesla Service is telling them it's a software issue. I tried linking to it, but it gave a malware alert. Web search for "Automatic Emergency Braking Disabled reddit" and you'll find it.

• Helpful
Reactions: 3'sterly