TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Disabled Touch Screen

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Agassi, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Agassi

Agassi Member

Hi All

Recently, after the latest software update, my touch screen was disabled. It still did show everything but it would not respond to any inputs. I did try restarts and all and actually called support. But no use.
    I had to learn to use the car without the middle screen for a week or so until my next service appointment.

I shared my experiences here:
    When Model S Touch Screen is Disabled | Agassi Tesla

And the solution to the problem was pretty astonishing and simple:
    Solution to Disabled Touch Screen | Agassi Tesla

I wonder if anyone had similar problems

thanks

• Informative x 1
  2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

How do turn on the cabin heat in the middle of winter polar vortex?

3. Agassi

Agassi Member

I used the right wheel button to turn on the fan and control its speed. But there is no way to control temperature except the mobile app.

4. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Very resourceful! Thanks for the Public Announcement Service!