Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disabling sentry mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears sentry mode can only be disabled temporary and it gets reenabled when you drive. This behavior is fine since too often I forget to reenable after disabling it. But the issue arises when you have to hand over your car to the shop for work. How do people deal with this issue?

easy disable it from the app... turn it off not on or auto from screen, remove thumb drive! Unless your car is in the shop alot, I suggest the first one.

I did disable it from the app before I handed my key card to the technician for tire rotation. The alarm went off while the car was raised and I had to disable it again from the app. I am expecting to take my car to the body shop to repair my front bumper. Hence, my question. I'll definitely remove my thumb drive. I'm curious to know how Tesla service center handles this issue.

I did disable it from the app before I handed my key card to the technician for tire rotation. The alarm went off while the car was raised and I had to disable it again from the app. I am expecting to take my car to the body shop to repair my front bumper. Hence, my question. I'll definitely remove my thumb drive. I'm curious to know how Tesla service center handles this issue.
ah yeah. that happened to me too where the alarm went off but my sentry mode was on
However ever since I turned it off before taking it in for something, no issues.
at tesla service it's geofenced so the second you get there, it goes into service mode so all those features are turned off

Reactions: 804son
It appears sentry mode can only be disabled temporary and it gets reenabled when you drive. This behavior is fine since too often I forget to reenable after disabling it. But the issue arises when you have to hand over your car to the shop for work. How do people deal with this issue?

Yeah, I turned mine over to a body shop for repair / replace of rear hatch with 32% SOC and every time I noticed in the app that sentry mode was on, I turned it off again... but it reached 20% pretty quick and then of course the car shuts down sentry mode so no more vampire drain. I should have pulled the thumb drive.

Keith

ah yeah. that happened to me too where the alarm went off but my sentry mode was on
However ever since I turned it off before taking it in for something, no issues.
at tesla service it's geofenced so the second you get there, it goes into service mode so all those features are turned off
Interesting. Perhaps, body shop will do the same like Tesla service center since they are supposed to be Tesla certified shop. In the worst case, I can mark the body shop location to exclude from sentry mode like I do for my house.

Did you disable it completely from the Security menu (in the car, not the app), or did you just press the Sentry button in the Quick Controls?

Unless you disable it from the Security menu, Sentry will always re-enable itself on the next drive.

Disabling Sentry from the Quick Controls, only temporarily overrides the Security setting until you drive again.

Reactions: Bruce2020
Did you disable it completely from the Security menu (in the car, not the app), or did you just press the Sentry button in the Quick Controls?

Unless you disable it from the Security menu, Sentry will always re-enable itself on the next drive.

Disabling Sentry from the Quick Controls, only temporarily overrides the Security setting until you drive again.
Ok, good to know. The problem is solved.

Reactions: Svedman