Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disabling TC and other driving aid on my 2021 SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

So long short story, I found out how to enable dyno mode on my 2021 SR+ this week, but I can't get the car to be fully depleted from any driving aid. I searched on the web, but it seems like people who are enabling dyno mode don't get the same results as I am:

When I activate dyno mode, I get warnings saying that all of the driving aids are disengaged, but when I start rolling, I still do have Traction Control and Stability Control + the car is limited to 24kph (15mph).

I know all of this is for safety so please spare me the ''you shouldn't do that'' comments, but I find it a little annoying to own a car and not be able to have a mode without TC and SC.

Was anyone able to find a workaround with theirs?

Thanks!

I thought tesla had patched / updated the car so you could not actually drive in dyno mode, to prevent exactly what you are trying to do. I think the answer is " you cant", not without a third party device anyway. I am not into that scene but I think the MPP party box allows something like this.

Reactions: Sam1
I thought tesla had patched / updated the car so you could not actually drive in dyno mode, to prevent exactly what you are trying to do. I think the answer is " you cant", not without a third party device anyway. I am not into that scene but I think the MPP party box allows something like this.

That patch would explain what I am experiencing! Seems like it worked lol.

Yeah, I don't want to bypass anything so I'll leave it like that. I just find it a little ordinary that we can't fully control our own car.

What we really need is for Tesla to provide some settings to control the traction and stability controls. At the moment only the Performance model has this, in the form of a full-blown track mode. We don't need all of this, only a couple settings.
Your only option at the moment is to buy the Ingenext module that provides a drift mode.

Reactions: raptor5244
Yeah, I don't want to bypass anything so I'll leave it like that. I just find it a little ordinary that we can't fully control our own car.

Tesla keeps all the nannies on but you know once Dodge launches their "eMusclecars" we will witness 4 wheel EV burnouts. ;) It would be nice to add a Sport Mode that relaxes the nannies a bit so you can have a little fun with all that torque. The default should be nanny mode but like you mention, the driver should have some control if they want.

What we really need is for Tesla to provide some settings to control the traction and stability controls. At the moment only the Performance model has this, in the form of a full-blown track mode. We don't need all of this, only a couple settings.
Your only option at the moment is to buy the Ingenext module that provides a drift mode.

Even on the performance models, it's a very obtuse manipulation of them.

This is pretty normal. Even Porsche doesn't let you disable everything on all their 911's, only the more performance oriented ones. BMW M cars don't always let you disable everything either.
I haven't owned an M, but my bmw just requires a short button press to nerf traction control, then a long button push to disable traction and stability control 100%. I thought all of them were like that?

Nope. For instance, I have a 2008 M5 with the 6MT and they do not allow traction control to be disabled. Some configs of the F10 M5 didn't allow it either.
It's not universal, even on performance cars. It's even less universal on commuter cars- it's not like every minivan, SUV, or even Civics allow this.

That's strange because mine is a 2011 135i and you just press the big button once for traction control to be nerfed about 50%, then hold it in for 5 seconds, it disables both systems completely and you'll blow the tires off at 70mph and go sideways without anything kicking in.

That's strange because mine is a 2011 135i and you just press the big button once for traction control to be nerfed about 50%, then hold it in for 5 seconds, it disables both systems completely and you'll blow the tires off at 70mph and go sideways without anything kicking in.
Why is it strange that different cars would have different setups? A single brand isn't allowed to engineer each car individually? Eve wonder why the M3P has track mode and MYP doesn't? Maybe because you could actually roll over a MYP?

Like I keep saying, the main point here is that it's not universal, even if you look at performance cars, so this isn't a place to act like Tesla is unique.

Why is it strange that different cars would have different setups? A single brand isn't allowed to engineer each car individually? Eve wonder why the M3P has track mode and MYP doesn't? Maybe because you could actually roll over a MYP?

Like I keep saying, the main point here is that it's not universal, even if you look at performance cars, so this isn't a place to act like Tesla is unique.
It's strange because the M is supposed to be the performance line, and bmw for decades used the 'car for drivers' ad material.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

A Tesla without any driving aids means you will just spin out every time you step on the petal. Seriously. You can find old videos of people bypassing the traction control and they just completely spin out on the road and crash.

That idiot you speak of is why Tesla patched dyno mode. Dude enables it the day after it's announced, goes around one corner and crashes within a second of hitting the gas. The following day or so, the patch was pushed out to disable it again.

The actual racer on the track was able to use it well though and cut some time off his laps.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2