Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disabling TC and other driving aid on my 2021 SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh no! As a visitor you would get a pass but our law requires real snow tires from December 1st till somewhere in March. I would definitively not recommend all seasons in our climate, let alone pure summer tires. I had pure summers on my WRX and when weather would dip under 7C (44F) and wet the front wheels would slip when I backed out of my driveway. Not comforting.
I had my first Subaru in the snow the day after I bought it. It had 24k miles on its original all-seasons. It was terrible. The wipers were shot too, and the wiper fluid was crap that lacked antifreeze, so while the snow was falling I had my left hand on windshield wiping duty (gloved), with only my right hand available for steering + shifting, all while sliding all over the place on those terrible tires.

That was the last real storm of that season, but for the next winter I put on real snow tires and never looked back. And new wipers and proper washer fluid of course.

There are climates where I would use all-seasons as winter tires, but for anyplace that gets serious snow and ice regularly, I learned that real winter/snow tires are the bee's knees from those experiences with my Subarus.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GtiMart
You're one of the smart ones, stay away lol.
I've never owned a BMW, but based on ones I've driven that game was shut down and put away with the F30. Driving one of those was like Fun's over, get back to your smooth boring life. (Though I never drove the F30 M3, mmaaayyyybbeeee it feels better.)

Now if you don't mind reaching deeper into the BMW closet and dusting off an older 3 series, there is fun to be had.

I'm only complaining because I like fun 4 door cars and BMW used to make some (even if I never bought one). I should stop harping on this.

Reactions: Sam1