TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Disappointed by Poor Interior Quality

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Surge74, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Surge74

Surge74 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm regretting my purchase of a fully loaded Model S. I wish I had taken more time to inspect the interior quality before paying over $100K for this car.

pic 1 - where is the arm rest? Terrible on a long drive, your arm just falls down.

pic 2 - entire top of dash above instrument binnacle flexs a good 2-3". WTF? You don't see this on a $10K Hyundai, let alone a $100K+ 'luxury' car.
    This car had the upgraded leather dash, and it felt like vinyl.

pic 3 - upper door panel - very cheap, hard plastic

'full' / upgraded whatever seats also felt cheap. Nothing like a Porsche/BMW/Benz.

Elon sure knows how to price gouge... this interior is terrible for the price.

For those who are considering the Model S, take heed of this.
    IMG_6225.JPG
    IMG_6226.JPG
    IMG_6227.JPG

2. wstuff

wstuff Junior Member

Are you saying that I need to inspect something before I purchase it, thank you, message received , I suggest if your unhappy with your purchase return it and buy your (Porsche/BMW/Benz.), I'm sure you will be much happier, thanks for the kind advice.

3. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

If you bought this car for the interior only your missing the point. I like the clean uncluttered interior and yes it could be more upscale but there are so many other great things going on with this car it is less important to me.

4. GreenT

GreenT Member

Troll with an Apple ... (90 deg off photos)

Provide a VIN and maybe we'll believe you're a legit owner?

5. FreeOfPge

FreeOfPge Member

#5 FreeOfPge, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    Honestly, I don't get your post at all. You appear to have taken these photos at an event. Did you go to an event, nit pick, take pictures and come here to complain? Sorry if I'm wrong, but this is how it appears - to me.

EDIT: This event? http://www.teslamotors.com/event/experience-model-s-windsor

6. Vitaman

Vitaman Member

I am driving around in a car that has a drop dead gorgeous interior.
    It is two toned high grade leather (Cognac and Espresso). It has real Olive wood accents galore. It is stunning. Everyone who gets into my car comments on it. Even after over 2 years as a daily driver, I marvel at its beauty.
    I can't wait to trade it in on the Model S.
    Will the Tesla interior be as nice? Not in any way. Will the overall Tesla driving experience be as nice? Oh way nicer!

7. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

/sarcasm on

I bought a BMW, Porsche AND Mercedes last week and I'm super disappointed. Wish I had test drove them before buying. Where's the instant and constant torque when I hit the gas pedal? Where's the frunk space storage? Where's the 17", intuitive control center. And what the heck do all these buttons do? Hey! What the !?!?! I have to fill it with GAS! How 21st century.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

/sarcasm off

8. Greenlight

Greenlight New Member

I have never been in a Hyundai but if you can compare it to a Tesla, I would keep your Hyundai
    Have you ever taken a Tesla out for a drive besides taking pictures of you sitting in one on the showroom floor?

9. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

#9 Johan, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    By the way the EXIF says the pictures were taken with an iPhone 5 exactly at Columbus circle in NYC. I call event, no owner this.

And his profile says he joined 1 hour ago. And is a Tech Co CEO.

10. Joel

Joel Active Member

November 1st Event:

Tesla | The Shops at Columbus Circle

Mods Please Rename Thread Title to "Non-Owner Troll Does Not Approve of Model S Interior Viewed at November 1st Public Event."

11. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I normally don't respond to trolls, but do I try to keep both hands on the steering wheel when I drive, don't you? The arm rest is thus superfluous, even tough it does exist. Did you miss it?

12. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Correct. A non-issue. No problems on long drives. As far as the interior quality goes, I've had several folks at car shows tell me how much they are impressed by the interior quality, fit, and finish. As car show enthusiasts are typically pickier about these things than the average person I'd tend to say that says a lot about the car.

13. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

I use my arm rest all the time... Just need to slide your atm back slightly.

14. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I was thinking of the door arm rest, not the centre arm rest.

15. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

The OP is simply another example of the antics some people will go to, just to post their negative anonymous drama on the internet in order to gain attention while "claiming" to own a Model S.
    ***The "flawed" frunk lid releasing while driving 115 mph being the other that comes to mind***.

Sitting in one (while taking pictures) nor driving one is not the same thing as purchasing and owning one.

16. PlanB

PlanB Banned

HA!....I wish I had an ATM in my car. You must be loaded!:tongue:

17. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

Isnt that how all of you afford your Tesla? :biggrin:

18. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

You are all clearly wrong. I think he is wearing a snuggie.

- - - Updated - - -

ROTFL!

19. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

Yeah, these pics were definitely taken at an event. Lots of people standing in front of the car and Frunk lid open are two pretty blatant clues.

20. ra-san

ra-san Member

I'm disappointed by the trolling, but more disappointed by the snide and non relevant nature of some of the replies. I do appreciate digging into more info on the event and truth of what the poster is claiming, but factual vs. supposition or just attacks on appearance, age, etc.