Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed by Poor Interior Quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use my arm rest all the time... Just need to slide your atm back slightly.
OK, so what does atm mean?

From Wiki
ATM or atm may refer to:

Contents

Computing

Organizations

Transportation

Other uses

I got it, arm?

I'm disappointed by the trolling, but more disappointed by the snide and non relevant nature of some of the replies. I do appreciate digging into more info on the event and truth of what the poster is claiming, but factual vs. supposition or just attacks on appearance, age, etc.

Trolling must always be countered by silence... or trolling!

I've read some comments similar to the OP opinion, but find it strange. Okay, so the interior of my Model S may not be quite on par with the top level S class or A8, but it's of similar quality to my old E class and certainly better than the old XJ I had several years ago. Anyhow, it's plainly obvious the money is in the engineering (and stunning design).

I'm disappointed by the trolling, but more disappointed by the snide and non relevant nature of some of the replies. I do appreciate digging into more info on the event and truth of what the poster is claiming, but factual vs. supposition or just attacks on appearance, age, etc.

100% agreed, and those posts went off to snippiness. Troll or not, we can disagree or pick apart someone's post without stooping to personal digs.

The interior is ok. Its not Porsche/Audi/BMW quality. (their premium models not the middle class models)

But its not a deal breaker. Would you trade your BMW for a luxury horse-carriage? Same thing here... There is no other car I want to own at the moment. But yes the interior is not as good quality as the competition, not talking the design but how things feel, materials, how they fit etc... Same with the exterior of the car, different parts of the body is not fit very well... The spacing or what its called in English is way to wide... But again its not a deal breaker as the car is light years ahead in all other areas! Just the point that it could/should improve to European premium level! ;-)

Correct. As far as the interior quality goes, I've had several folks at car shows tell me how much they are impressed by the interior quality, fit, and finish. As car show enthusiasts are typically pickier about these things than the average person I'd tend to say that says a lot about the car.

I've received many positive comments about the beautiful simplicity of the interior design. It reflects the "less is more" design approach which is often not popular or even understood in our conspicuous consumption culture, which puts a heavy premium on "more is more."

I've received many positive comments about the beautiful simplicity of the interior design. It reflects the "less is more" design approach which is often not popular or even understood in our conspicuous consumption culture, which puts a heavy premium on "more is more."

I don't really think the visuals of the interior and materials used are the same though. I do like the DESIGN of the interior of the car, but the materials do leave something to be desired for me.

Well said, I agree completely. I will be very disappointed if in the future Tesla tries to make the Model S interior more like the Mercedes S class.

Design and visual apperance is not what I mean with quality. im talking material quality, how well they are fitted. How solid they feel etc. When I say premium quality Im not talking design and visuals. Think same design and looks but better fit and materials. Not so much movement when pushing things etc. Go to a Porsche or Audi dealer. Check a Audi A8 or Porsche 911. Check and feel the materials and the fittings. Check the spacing on the body, not almost 0.8 cms... Etc. I own and love my Tesla but this is an area for improvement. Again not saying to change into strange design or materials... That is not the thing...

I've always felt the interior was beautiful. It reflects a style that is truly modern in a "form follows function" way. Unfortunately, it's not a style that appeals to the masses...the vast majority of whom would be miserable in a Frank Lloyd Wright home. I hope Tesla resists the temptation to turn this fine modern interior into some sort of gentleman's pub/cigar lounge/Lazy Boy showroom.

I've always felt the interior was beautiful. It reflects a style that is truly modern in a "form follows function" way. Unfortunately, it's not a style that appeals to the masses...the vast majority of whom would be miserable in a Frank Lloyd Wright home. I hope Tesla resists the temptation to turn this fine modern interior into some sort of gentleman's pub/cigar lounge/Lazy Boy showroom.

Well said. Cigar room is a very good description of many luxury car interiors. Not what I want in my car. I smoke a cigar every now and then but not in my car :)

I also feel there is room for improvement for Tesla. One nit-pick detail I've noticed: the push buttons on the steering wheel have teeny bit of wobble room, try with your finger, the move freely around something like 0.1 mm. They feel slightly loose. An example of the somewhat missing "tightness" of the interior details.

I think there are several different discussions going on here and it's causing some posters to talk past each other. I see discussions mixed together about the following:

• Interior design - openess with no center console, sparse look
  • Interior materials - materials selected by Tesla for the interior
  • Interior quality - how well put together, i.e., buttons tight, no looseness, well fit, no gaps, etc.
  • Interior design, materials, and quality - all or some of the above

- - - Updated - - -

An analogy ... if you're building a house:

• Design - house plans
  • Materials - tile, flooring, paint, fixtures that have been selected
  • Quality - how well the builder has put it all together in accordance with the plans