Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed by Poor Interior Quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree that OP is obviously telling stories but....I totally agree with him about the way too flexible coaming above the speedo, this should be as stiff as a board, not be able to move 3 inches. Has anyone devised a way to stiffen it?

I can't say I've ever tried to move it. I don't understand why anyone would. It's just a shade for the display.

My early Model S dashboard top is very stiff. Maybe they softened the dash up to improve crash test results with un-belted dummies (one of the test criteria).

Can't imagine that to be one of the test criteria. Even crash dummies would get annoyed by the chime and quickly evolve dexterity just to buckle themselves up and shut down the chime.

However, softer interior DOES make a difference in a severe crash scenario, even with belts properly buckled. I, for one, don't mind the flex. There are other things in the interior that could be made better, but the flex of the shade ain't one of them.