Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed in Tesla Online store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its really run pretty poorly. There is no online tracking of orders. I ordered the winter tire/wheel package 3 weeks ago. I called service center 10 days ago and they said the order was on the way and due any day. I called again today and was told they don't know anything about it since it was an online order ( of course I waited 45 minutes before I spoke to anyone). I need the snow tires now, so I emailed [email protected] and cancelled the order and ordered from tire rack. There really should be some way of tracking orders without having to rely on slow email response. I hope my order gets cancelled OK.

Reactions: GreenT
The whole customer service thing just doesn't make sense given everything else cool about Tesla. What really does it take to implement an online order tracking scheme ? Just about every other online store has one.
Its almost as if Tesla contracted out their online store to the company with the worst customer service.

Reactions: rycart
I've ordered several things from them with similarly rotten service. They charge your card immediately and then months later, you have nothing and can't get hold of them. I've emailed them a number of times asking to cancel my order, all with no response. On one occasion, I just had MasterCard deal with it.

I've ordered several things from them with similarly rotten service. They charge your card immediately and then months later, you have nothing and can't get hold of them. I've emailed them a number of times asking to cancel my order, all with no response. On one occasion, I just had MasterCard deal with it.
Yes, I had to do the same thing. It is best to not buy from them.

The whole customer service thing just doesn't make sense given everything else cool about Tesla. What really does it take to implement an online order tracking scheme ? Just about every other online store has one.
Its almost as if Tesla contracted out their online store to the company with the worst customer service.
I believe that is exactly what is going on!

I think they might be talking about order tracking rather than shipment tracking. If you order something on Amazon you can login and see what you ordered, when you ordered it, how you paid, when it's expected to ship, etc.

This. The shipment tracking (from FedEx or UPS) is fine. It's the pre-shipment side that sucks. For example, I ordered winter wheel/tire set a month ago today. Tesla happily charged my card $2145, and I've had nothing since the order confirmation email. No ETA, nothing. Emailed them this AM but have low hopes of a quick reply. I'd really like them mounted in the first week of November.

Another example. I ordered some kids clothing. Order confirmed, but no shipment confirmation. A few days later I ordered me clothes. They've shipped. There's just no rhyme or reason, and in 2018 there's no need for that. At least provide an online view into outstanding/past orders, with shipment estimates. Or, you know, don't charge customers until you're ready to ship their order.

I get it, there's no way to see order status or even order history on the website. They should update that, it could at the very least be in your myTesla History (just like SC charges).

I've had good luck with orders...

Soft Shell Jacket
10/24 @ 8:12 AM ET - Order confirmation e-mail
10/24 @ 3:07 PM ET - Shipment confirmation e-mail w/ tracking

All-Weather Floor Mats
10/11 @ 10:12 PM ET - Order confirmation e-mail
10/15 @ 9:51 PM ET - Shipment confirmation e-mail w/ tracking

Yes I ordered floor mats, my charger , tire pump, etc and everything went well. The problem is when you order something thats out of stock. They don't tell you its out of stock or how long it will be. Floor mats ..... no big deal. Snow tires .... could be an issue. It is poorly run and the communication is nowhere near sufficient.

The online store is typical Tesla. Zero communication.
Like most here I follow everything Tesla, including all the BS criticisms, but this is unfortunately so true. Its really the only problem I've had with them, but its been at every single turn.

They still owe me hundreds of dollars in reimbursement for a delivery problem last summer. Just getting someone to respond to me is like pulling teeth.

I received an email that my original winter wheel/tire set order had been delivered to the Service Center. I called them and told them the story and they processed my cancellation with no problems. They apologized for the lack of communication and were very understanding. I later received a call from someone at the Tesla Online store who said they were following up regarding this very thread ! They said that they appreciated the feedback and that the comments from this thread will in fact help them to get some procedures in place which will improve the Tesla store communications. The person sounded very sincere and genuine. I believe there is a large element at Tesla that really wants to see the Tesla infrastructure be at parity with the coolness of the vehicles. Hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later. So, in the end, I am appreciative of the care that was given to me.

Reactions: rycart and Zaxxon