Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed with Jeda

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I previously ordered the Jeda wireless charging pad. It took over a month to come after after several failed promise dates. It is a great product for what it's worth. After setting the expectations in my mind for when I'll get their hub, I did reluctantly place an order. I'll just chill out for a month or so, as I know how they work -- take orders before inventory arrives. I don't see any other product on the market like it right now, providing some organization under the front center compartment.

Hopefully, future M3 owners will be upgraded with 4-5 USB front seat USB connectors as stock. My use case is two high power ports for the wireless charging pad, one wired high power port for my wife to use her phone while charging, and one for a flash drive for sentry/dash-cam. I see some people use two flash drives -- one for sentry and one for media. That gets it up to 5 ports. Another option is just a 12v power plug in that area or just a pass through under the cup holder.

FWIW, I wired an extra 12v port into the front compartment with an extender from the back compartment that has 12v -- I'll eliminate that once the Jeda Hub proves its worth.

Where is this odd idea that it’s “illegal to charge before shipping” coming from? o_O Is that really a thing in some places?

Amazon (and pretty much everyone else) charges me within seconds of placing an order. This is very obvious as my credit card sends me a notification every time my card is charged.

My Jeda 2 also took about a month to arrive. It is pretty shady that they don’t explicitly tell you this up front. The product is good though.

Where is this odd idea that it’s “illegal to charge before shipping” coming from? o_O Is that really a thing in some places?

Amazon (and pretty much everyone else) charges me within seconds of placing an order. This is very obvious as my credit card sends me a notification every time my card is charged.

My Jeda 2 also took about a month to arrive. It is pretty shady that they don’t explicitly tell you this up front. The product is good though.

Amazon also charges me immediately, but the difference is that Amazon then usually ships immediately. When an item isn't in stock on Amazon, they explicitly say that your card won't be charged until the item ships.

Lousy customer service from them in my experience as well. I had the V1 charger. It looked like it started melting on the backside, so they told me I would get a V2 for free. However, I had to ship them my defective one first. Have not heard from them since I mailed it out. They don’t seem to respond to email always.

Reactions: puckpurnell
Interesting thread. Sorry for the pain and suffering folks.

Jeda has been my benchmark (with horizontal charging) when considering a wireless charger, vs Nomad and the new Tesla version.

... Until yesterday. A friend of mine ordered a wireless charger from Taptes for their Model 3 and absolutely love it (via Amazon). Now Taptes just announced a newer version — only available on their website for the moment — that is a knock-off of the Jeda, and is on sale for $39.99.

TapTes Wireless Charging Pad for Tesla Model 3

For two Jackson’s I think I’ll give this a try.

Amazon also charges me immediately, but the difference is that Amazon then usually ships immediately. When an item isn't in stock on Amazon, they explicitly say that your card won't be charged until the item ships.

Yeah Jeda should handle it the same way as Amazon if something's not in stock. I've had Amazon not ship something until 2 full days later plenty of times, but they still charge me seconds after ordering.

I found this which says by default a vendor gets 30 days to ship after charging you, unless they state it will take longer. Jeda is claiming 2 weeks for the pad and 2-3 weeks for the hub here.

I ordered the Jeda Wireless pad on 7/29/19, shipped 8/5/19 and received it on 8/8/19. I really like it and am pleased with it. I just ordered a Note 10+ and hope it fits with a slim case. My s10+ fits fine.

I ordered a wireless pad and spacer yesterday morning. I got the receipt right away and I got the processed order ready for shipping emails in the afternoon. They are shipping USPS and from the looks of the tracking and it still shows pre-shipment. Its only has to go a county to the north so I imagine I should have it by Saturday. I'll follow up when I get it.

Yes, they had an issue with the first design of the USB hub, so they delayed shipping again. New design will fix the issue. The email was not clear what exactly the issue was though.

Here's the full text of the message in case anyone is interested:

We know you are patiently waiting for your Jeda USB Hub! The Jeda USB began shipping around the first week of August - and so far we've had some wonderful reviews come in and people have been loving their new USB hub. With that said, after shipping to mass quantities of people, we have also noticed an improvement which needed to be done to the electronic portion of the Jeda USB Hub. Due to this problem, some customers experienced issues, and before continuing shipments we had to work to identify the issue. Our team paused shipments last week to ensure that this small issue was fully identified before shipping to more of our customers. While a small minority of individuals had this issue, we considered it enough to pause shipments until the issue was identified. The issue has been fully identified and is currently being fixed. We waited to notify our customers until we ran intensive testing last week, so we could know how long it would take to fix it.

Shipments will resume again on Monday, August 26th. We know this is unpleasant news, and probably the last thing you want to hear from us - believe us, it's the last thing we want to say! We do believe it will make a marked improvement on the performance of the USB Hub overall and it's for the better.

Scroll down below to see shipping information and some customer photos.

Updated Shipping Information

U.S : 1-2 day shipping time
North/South America: 5-7 day shipping time
Europe: 5-10 day shipping time
Oceania: 5-7 day shipping time

• #43844 - 56510 - Shipping 8/26
  • #56510 - 63622 - Shipping 9/2

I got mine late last week. The second USB-a port doesn't work at all.

I've asked for a replacement, but it takes a day or so for them to reply.

When I ordered, I never got an order confirmation, even asked to have it resent to my email. They tried and it never showed up. Glad it got my information right though!

I got mine late last week. The second USB-a port doesn't work at all.

I've asked for a replacement, but it takes a day or so for them to reply.

When I ordered, I never got an order confirmation, even asked to have it resent to my email. They tried and it never showed up. Glad it got my information right though!
They are very polite and pretty responsive, but took forever to refund my wireless pad. They didn’t do it until I asked which card they credited my $$ to. Then a day later they credited the $99.

Here's the full text of the message in case anyone is interested:

We know you are patiently waiting for your Jeda USB Hub! The Jeda USB began shipping around the first week of August - and so far we've had some wonderful reviews come in and people have been loving their new USB hub. With that said, after shipping to mass quantities of people, we have also noticed an improvement which needed to be done to the electronic portion of the Jeda USB Hub. Due to this problem, some customers experienced issues, and before continuing shipments we had to work to identify the issue. Our team paused shipments last week to ensure that this small issue was fully identified before shipping to more of our customers. While a small minority of individuals had this issue, we considered it enough to pause shipments until the issue was identified. The issue has been fully identified and is currently being fixed. We waited to notify our customers until we ran intensive testing last week, so we could know how long it would take to fix it.

Shipments will resume again on Monday, August 26th. We know this is unpleasant news, and probably the last thing you want to hear from us - believe us, it's the last thing we want to say! We do believe it will make a marked improvement on the performance of the USB Hub overall and it's for the better.

Scroll down below to see shipping information and some customer photos.

Updated Shipping Information

U.S : 1-2 day shipping time
North/South America: 5-7 day shipping time
Europe: 5-10 day shipping time
Oceania: 5-7 day shipping time

• #43844 - 56510 - Shipping 8/26
  • #56510 - 63622 - Shipping 9/2

Ha. Order number for my Hub is 64xxx. I ordered on August 4. Maybe by Christmas???