Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed with Jeda

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just as an update, I received my USB hub yesterday, 9/28. My order number was 61XXX. Tracking shows they dropped it off with the USPS on 9-26. The last e-mail update that I received stated "#60761 - 65976 - Shipping by 9/23" so it looks like they are few days behind schedule. However, they do appear to be getting these out.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the quality of the product, but it was a long wait!

I got my hub, weeks late but when it finally arrived it was broken. Left USB input port on jeda hub caused my car to disable the corresponding port on the car. I’m thinking it was some type of protection issues on our cars, if it detects something funky it just disables the port. Also the right port which was getting power did not pass data, so even with a working teslacam usb stick plugged into any port on the hub the car would not see it.
I contacted jeda did some troubleshooting with my usb volt meter, nothing worked so they sent me a RMA to return it...im not hopeful I’ll see a new hub anytime soon.

I cancelled my order and went with the TapTes charger... fast shipping, and solid as a rock.... can't complain. Now what Taptes needs to do is clone the USB hub and we will be good to go.

I have the taptes gen 2 charger, I can’t say I love it. The rubber on the pad isn’t “sticky” enough so phone slides around when I turn and stop charging. I never had this problem with gen 1 jeda or nomad.... was considering jeda gen 2 charger but with hub issues, I dunno, questionable QA????

I have one and the left one doesn't work. Right one does slowly, but enough. Won't buy again from them though, since product available from Tesla

You're talking about their charge pad. There is actually a company called Taptes that makes one of those that's significantly cheaper then both Jeda and Tesla and works fine.

this thread is about the Jeda Hub, which thus far is a unique product only available from them.

For those waiting for shipment still, I can say that each time I have emailed them they have been very good at getting back to me within 24 hours. They did miss their earlier-stated 30 Sep ship date on my order, but when I inquired, they wrote back saying that it is "100% certain" (their exact words) to ship this week. While it's not ideal that I have to reach out for updates, their responsiveness is, to be frank, unusually good.

For those waiting for shipment still, I can say that each time I have emailed them they have been very good at getting back to me within 24 hours. They did miss their earlier-stated 30 Sep ship date on my order, but when I inquired, they wrote back saying that it is "100% certain" (their exact words) to ship this week. While it's not ideal that I have to reach out for updates, their responsiveness is, to be frank, unusually good.

Responding to your customers complaints timely about late shipping items should never be a standard to be measured against.

Responding to your customers complaints timely about late shipping items should never be a standard to be measured against.

My first email was "hey, I also ordered the Qi charger; I know t he hubs are delayed, but where's the shipping notice on the charger?" They emailed me back right away to let me know firstly about the delays with the hub (just before they emailed everyone), and to let me know that everything would ship at once- and then they updated their web site to include this bit of information.

My second email was on 1 Oct, after their initial shipping estimate (their word) of 30 Sep had elapsed. They emailed me back - again promptly - to strongly assert that it would be being shipped this week ("100% certain" - again their words).

Yes, they are bad about reaching out proactively, but they are good at responding to inquiry. So clearly there is room for improvement, but at least unlike some US car companies which shall remain nameless for the moment, at least you get an answer.

I received my Jeda USB Hub today and installed it. I've set it up with the Jeda Wireless Charger (v2), a USB drive, and a USB-C iPhone charging cable. Initial testing with the drive and two phones wireless charging work just fine. I also tested with the USB drive, one phone wireless charging, and one phone wired charging and all works with that setup as well. The 1-wireless, 1-cabled, and a USB drive is the typical config for long trips, with my wife cabling up to play games.

I went into this second Jeda purchase knowing my experience with backorders and delays with their wireless charging pad. They do make great stuff. If only they could get their credit-charging/backorder/shipping practices in line with their engineering. They are the only game in town, until Tesla just puts in 4 USB-C ports in the center console and 3 in the back seat.

I'll keep testing for a few more days, then back out my hardware hack of routing extra power from the 12v jack into the front compartment.

Last edited:
I just cancelled my order. Nothing was good about the communications throughout this process. I ordered after having heard about the products on the RTL podcast and am disappointed that Ryan is still pushing them. I hope Ryan at least got his $$

July 5th: Ordered charging pad and hub. Was not told that the products weren't currently available.
July 19th: I ask for an update.
July 23rd: Am told that the products are actually available yet. Would've like to have been made aware of this at the time of my order but OK.
August 6th: General update from Jeda states that my order should be shipped in week beginning 12th August. Nice to get an update
August 21st: General update from Jeda stating that shipments are delayed due to a bug that had been discovered. New shipping date 26th Aug. Smells a bit of BS but I decide to give them the benefit of the doubt.
SEPTEMBER 18th: Having not received a shipment confirmation, I ask for an update. I receive no reply.
September 25th: I prompt them for an answer to my previous query.
September 25th: Very apologetic. Order ships today. I'll believe it when I see it.
September 26th: Order confirmation with tracking link. Great, it's finally on it's way.
October 6th: I haven't received my order, so I check that link they sent me. My order is still in 'pre-shipment' as in we haven't shipped it. I cancel my order by email. And am waiting to hear from them.

My advice: Don't bother. They clearly don't know what they're doing.

I just cancelled my order. Nothing was good about the communications throughout this process. I ordered after having heard about the products on the RTL podcast and am disappointed that Ryan is still pushing them. I hope Ryan at least got his $$

July 5th: Ordered charging pad and hub. Was not told that the products weren't currently available.
July 19th: I ask for an update.
July 23rd: Am told that the products are actually available yet. Would've like to have been made aware of this at the time of my order but OK.
August 6th: General update from Jeda states that my order should be shipped in week beginning 12th August. Nice to get an update
August 21st: General update from Jeda stating that shipments are delayed due to a bug that had been discovered. New shipping date 26th Aug. Smells a bit of BS but I decide to give them the benefit of the doubt.
SEPTEMBER 18th: Having not received a shipment confirmation, I ask for an update. I receive no reply.
September 25th: I prompt them for an answer to my previous query.
September 25th: Very apologetic. Order ships today. I'll believe it when I see it.
September 26th: Order confirmation with tracking link. Great, it's finally on it's way.
October 6th: I haven't received my order, so I check that link they sent me. My order is still in 'pre-shipment' as in we haven't shipped it. I cancel my order by email. And am waiting to hear from them.

My advice: Don't bother. They clearly don't know what they're doing.

I agree. They're terrible at ordering and logistics, and responding to email. I would suggest twitter; they seem more responsive there, as I got responses much more timely when sent via Twitter (posting publicly) vs. email sent at the same time.

My order was after yours and it finally shipped on October 2nd after being told it would ship "by September 30." I missed the mailman, but looks like it's actually here - just need to go get the package at the post office now.

The bummer part for you is you may not be able to dispute the charge depending on the terms of your credit card issuer. Most have a 60-day or 2-billing cycle official policy to dispute charges appearing on a statement. Assuming they charged you right when you ordered on July 5, you're right around 90 days.
@ryanjm has an incentive, but perhaps he should tone down the pushing or at least warn his listeners as to what to expect.