Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointing delivery that did not happen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 7/31
Delivery confirmed for 8/12 on 8/2

Unable to take delivery as Tesla cannot send the MVPA, so no funding... All the excitement has drained out.. I was
really looking forward to driving my new M3LR this weekend.. I cannot reach anyone on the delivery team to find out
if they can reschedule my delivery... Very frustrating that Tesla cannot prepare a single mandatory document prior to
pick up..

Ordered 7/31

Unable to take delivery as Tesla cannot send the MVPA, so no funding... All the excitement has drained out.. I was
really looking forward to driving my new M3LR this weekend.. I cannot reach anyone on the delivery team to find out
if they can reschedule my delivery... Very frustrating that Tesla cannot prepare a single mandatory document prior to
pick up..

How were you notified about this?

Just a quick update.. Received the MVPA after 4:00 PM.. The CU was able to do us a favor and process it and get
the $$ out via FedEx.. Hope Tesla Finance works on weekends.. Going to the appt and hope we are able to pick up the car..

If your credit union can give you proof they mailed it such as tracking number and a photo of the check. That is good enough to release the car to you from what I have read.

Better than me. I get an email cancelling delivery from the Fremont factory location 14 hours before scheduled delivery.

Paid all cash so they have all my money and i have no car.

It was due to logistics systems errors... not sure if they’re shipping the car in from somewhere else or they saw QA issues.

Disappointing, my S delivery a couple years ago was flawless...

I haven’t had any luck getting anybody to talk to me so i might just go to the delivery center tomorrow to get some answers.

Better than me. I get an email cancelling delivery from the Fremont factory location 14 hours before scheduled delivery.

It was due to logistics systems errors... not sure if they’re shipping the car in from somewhere else or they saw QA issues.

I haven’t had any luck getting anybody to talk to me so i might just go to the delivery center tomorrow to get some answers.

Mine went south again... No e-mail, just a call to cancel my pick up.. Like you “logistical problem”.. I could not get a specific reason until I was able to get someone at the MDR delivery site to answer the phone and take the time to research what happened. Apparently the car is at a staging lot in Burbank and Tesla are backlogged and have not assigned a truck to deliver it from there to the delivery location.

Tesla may build the cars of the future but if you cannot deliver them to the customer what is the point. Extremely disappointed..

If your credit union can give you proof they mailed it such as tracking number and a photo of the check. That is good enough to release the car to you from what I have read.
Thanx. That is likely to only positive news so far. I have both, but now no car due to “logistical problems”.. I hope it cannot get any more disappointing.. The delivery folks are really working hard to spoil what should have been an incredible experience..

My car is currently stuck in Charlotte waiting for a truck to Raleigh. Delivery was scheduled for 8/10. It's a bummer, but these things happen. Try to remember that most everyone at Tesla is doing their best under trying circumstances. If you roll with the punches, before you know it you'll be enjoying the car, and these delays will be a thing of the past. Stay positive.

Ordered 7/31

pick up..

Financial Partners credit union?

Been there, done that.

Worth it in the end.

You can also tell them you are just gonna drive off.

“Funding secured”

Last edited:
Thanx. That is likely to only positive news so far. I have both, but now no car due to “logistical problems”.. I hope it cannot get any more disappointing.. The delivery folks are really working hard to spoil what should have been an incredible experience..
So sorry, I’d be super sad too. Doesn’t help right now but you’ll really like the car once you get it...

Same issues with last minute receipt of contract. Once received, I sent to lender who sent payment immediately. Few hours later, received call from ISA stating delivery scheduled at Costa Mesa, CA for the following day was cancelled and rescheduled. Such a buzzkill.

Same issues with last minute receipt of contract. Once received, I sent to lender who sent payment immediately. Few hours later, received call from ISA stating delivery scheduled at Costa Mesa, CA for the following day was cancelled and rescheduled. Such a buzzkill.

I hope this is not a big issue but several of us seem to be having issues... I would really like to know the truth if there is a problem.. I would like to think that if it was a huge safety issue they would like assign a new VIN..
Good luck...

Did you have to pay before they would give you an appointment? I am planning to just do the ACH when I get there.