Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointing how electric car owners are being bashed lately in the news…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what is difficult to understand? you have a perfectly good vehicle, and get rid of it after 5 months when you order another vehicle creating an unnecessary carbon footprint that didn't exist otherwise.
That is an insane way to think. I sold it to go EV. Gas prices were lower when I ordered the Jeep and I almost ordered my Tesla back then. You act like no one buys and sells vehicles at all.

That is an insane way to think. I sold it to go EV. Gas prices were lower when I ordered the Jeep and I almost ordered my Tesla back then. You act like no one buys and sells vehicles at all.
It's not insane at all. It's also insane to buy a 60k vehicle, get rid of it after a few months to get another one, and then talk about how much money you are saving. The idea of buying a luxury EV and then bragging about saving money on gas is more insanity. I have a friend with a Model X that talks about saving money on gas. LoL... who spends 6 figures on a vehicle to save money on gas? It doesn't compute.

Reactions: pipestem and AquaY
It's not insane at all. It's also insane to buy a 60k vehicle, get rid of it after a few months to get another one, and then talk about how much money you are saving. The idea of buying a luxury EV and then bragging about saving money on gas is more insanity. I have a friend with a Model X that talks about saving money on gas. LoL... who spends 6 figures on a vehicle to save money on gas? It doesn't compute.
I guess you never heard term “cost of ownership” in the long run he most definitely will save money both on gas and maintenance.

Correct. Tesla gets ignored by the current Admin bcos its non-union. Musk gets personally attacked by the likes of Elizabeth Warren bcos he's a billionaire (and billionaires are bad by definition). But both the WH and Warren love his EV revolution.
Warren had no problem with billionaires when Bezo's was the richest one in the world.
How can you say "But both the WH and Warren love his EV revolution."
They snubbed Musk and Tesla at the first EV submit. They are pushing bigger subsidies for Union shops, which is not Tesla.
Biden has called GM and Ford the leader of the EV revolution. Here's the quote;
"In the auto industry, Detroit is leading the world in electric vehicles. You know how critical it is? Mary,[ GM's CEO Marry Barra] I remember talking to you way back in January about the need for America to lead in electric vehicles. I can remember your dramatic announcement that by 2035, GM would be 100% electric. You changed the whole story, Mary. You did, Mary. You electrified the entire automotive industry. I’m serious. You led, and it matters.”
That sure doesn't sound like someone that loves Elon Musk's revolution to me

Musk seems apolitical mostly. IMO he's a libertarian and that is something democrat politicians really dislike.
Musk has loudly condemned government subsidies not only for EVs but for oil too.
Musk stated government shouldn't pick winners and losers but act as a referee.
Politicians aren't in line with that thinking IMO

Elon is the best. He just gets it.

B549821F-E7A2-40C3-8ED5-6FB0C5FC60FC.jpeg

I sold my vehicle for almost what I bought it for. I realized I made a mistake. Owned it and moved on. I can’t even believe I have to defend myself. I make money. I own a business and the Tesla will allow me to drive my work truck less when going going on sales calls where I don’t even need the truck. So it’s saving me on diesel and maintenance on the diesel truck .
So yes. It’s saving me money.
So buy a Subaru outback or honda accord for 35k and drive it for 20 years.
still buying gas and doing maintenance.

I sold my vehicle for almost what I bought it for. I realized I made a mistake. Owned it and moved on. I can’t even believe I have to defend myself. I make money. I own a business and the Tesla will allow me to drive my work truck less when going going on sales calls where I don’t even need the truck. So it’s saving me on diesel and maintenance on the diesel truck .
So yes. It’s saving me money.

still buying gas and doing maintenance
Defend yourself? I'm trying to make sense of this. You want to save money, so you bought an expensive luxury car to commute in while you park the truck.
What disqualifies less expensive vehicles to use in place of the truck? If you like the car and wanted the look-at-me attention, then that's cool. I typically buy
for comfort and utility. There's always something to do.
PXL_20210309_164324234.jpg

Defend yourself? I'm trying to make sense of this. You want to save money, so you bought an expensive luxury car to commute in while you park the truck.
What disqualifies less expensive vehicles to use in place of the truck? If you like the car and wanted the look-at-me attention, then that's cool. I typically buy
I think it all depends if you're a car person. I've always loved cars, raced them built them etc. So if you could have a fun car that happens to be cheaper to run buy it. As for the "look at me" Tesla looks like a frog I don't think any tesla looks better than any $60-100k ICE car. I sold my 1 of 5 Audi because I wouldn't drive it because it was so unique. I hated racking up miles on it because it was so rare. I just wanted a faster fun to drive car that just happened to save a little money. I didn't want another garage queen while I'm driving some beater on my 100 mile daily commute. I'm just going to drive it until the wheels fall off just like the soccer moms driving theirs. Not going to put any protection film on it and maybe I'll wash it from time to time with an auto brushed carwash.

Who buys an economy car if they're a car person?

Last edited:

It is a different mindset, than yours, saving money is always a comparison.
If someone’s standard operating procedure is to buy a new car every couple of years, then buying an EV every couple of years saves them money compared to buying a gas guzzler every couple of years.

Hope that helps?

Lol I guess Porsche looks like a frog too to you.
they do actually I'd buy the RS3, M2-3 or R8 never like the look of a Porsche they're fun but not attractive to me. It's funny my wife and I have said we hated the Model 3 since it came out and would never buy one. It was really just driving one that changed our minds nothing to do with the look.
It's just the least ugly EV.

Last edited:
I personally love S design, X not so much, 3 thought it was funny looking and Y not attractive at all. But then I saw Cybertruck and fell in love after initial shock. Hahah Y grew on me after awhile so I ordered it.
Couldn’t agree more about Tesla success and being proud of New American product that beats them all. Elon is Techno King for a reason 😉

I personally love S design, X not so much, 3 thought it was funny looking and Y not attractive at all. But then I saw Cybertruck and fell in love after initial shock. Hahah Y grew on me after awhile so I ordered it.
Couldn’t agree more about Tesla success and being proud of New American product that beats them all. Elon is Techno King for a reason 😉
Yeah the X and S are definitely nicer looking I even dig the cybertruck. The Y and 3 though if they didn't drive and feel so good it would be a hard sell on appearance alone.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Same here. Drove an S many years ago. Impressive car.
They had an X in the showroom, I sat in it for a few seconds, Looked at the endless windshield... thought 'nope!' Not for me.
Was interested in the cybertruck, watched the reveal (only reveal I watched) and then it pulled out.... ugh. Why????

Same here. Drove an S many years ago. Impressive car.
They had an X in the showroom, I sat in it for a few seconds, Looked at the endless windshield... thought 'nope!' Not for me.
Was interested in the cybertruck, watched the reveal (only reveal I watched) and then it pulled out.... ugh. Why????
You should read up on the design. Lots of reasons for that futuristic design.
Love it or hate it it's not just for aesthetics. Although I suspect they want it to look very different for being noticed. Big reason is for cost cutting production benefits which will keep the price lower as well as wind resistance and maximum interior space.
I'm sure I didn't say it well but there are reasons for it

Reactions: WhiteWi