Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointing how electric car owners are being bashed lately in the news…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should read up on the design. Lots of reasons for that futuristic design.
Love it or hate it it's not just for aesthetics. Although I suspect they want it to look very different for being noticed. Big reason is for cost cutting production benefits which will keep the price lower as well as wind resistance and maximum interior space.
I'm sure I didn't say it well but there are reasons for it
EV’s and the need to wring as much range out of them as possible is making really really clear that traditional car and truck designs are inefficient and illogical. They’re attractive because they’re what we are used to generally, but use large amounts of energy that don’t need to be used just due to aesthetics. Like... double or triple in some cases. Pickups are egregious in that regard. Even the CT is a compromise with that edge where the roofline starts to slope back down. Flow detaches.
The future is large, highly-sloped windshields and cars that are closer to those Mercedes things in shape. I wish it weren’t true, but it is. You dont really want to give up 100 miles of range to get a two-box shape. Or... at least our children won’t.

I have lost track the number of times I have seen this picture pop-up lately with somebody claiming that this picture demonstrates that somehow Tesla and EV's are just a fraud.
View attachment 785642
Yeah, Tesla Really, REALLY needs to start using Model Xes for their Service Trucks. Pull out the seats in back, and install shelves for parts, and -viola-, a Tesla Van. Or they could just start building Vans.

Reactions: AquaY
Yeah, Tesla Really, REALLY needs to start using Model Xes for their Service Trucks. Pull out the seats in back, and install shelves for parts, and -viola-, a Tesla Van. Or they could just start building Vans.
My last mobile service tech arrived in older Model S, my wife saw Supercharger Repair tech on Model X.
And there are this kind of clowns spreading ignorance about EVs. 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Disagree
Reactions: Lonewulf45
100% ice free household and we managed just fine driving 2k round trips and all. Limitations are mostly in the head.
Agreed. I was puzzling over just what those "limitations" were. Like I don't have to drive a few miles to the gas station because my car charged overnight in my garage? Like I don't need to go to the dealer's, or worse yet, send my wife, to sit for hours while they do an oil and filter change? Those days are over. I have had two previous Teslas that never had service in over 100,000 miles, because there was NO NEED. With Superchargers everywhere, I can charge easily on a trip (just got back from a thousand+ mile trip last week, and spent MAYBE a half hour each way recharging while wifey went to a nearby bathroom. Limitations? What limitations? Yes, in their head. Stupid, or I should say Ignorant, people making wild claims based on nothing more than someone's feelings about false claims and misinformation.

Same here. Drove an S many years ago. Impressive car.
They had an X in the showroom, I sat in it for a few seconds, Looked at the endless windshield... thought 'nope!' Not for me.
Was interested in the cybertruck, watched the reveal (only reveal I watched) and then it pulled out.... ugh. Why????

I was ready to reserve one when I read about the Cybertruck but the second I saw the design…no thanks.

I was ready to reserve one when I read about the Cybertruck but the second I saw the design…no thanks.
In response to the earlier poster, I understand the -reason- for its appearance... but if they toned it down just slightly, it would make a big difference.
What I noticed at the reveal, the people blogging and going on test drives and loving the truck, looked like coffee shop hipsters. They don't -need-
a cybertruck, but they want one. How many of them have ever owned a heavy duty pickup and understand how large and heavy they are? I remember
the video of Elon pulling out of that restaurant and running over the pylon... standard rookie mistake cutting a corner in a truck. Can't do that. Going
from a model 3 to an 80 inch wide 19ft long vehicle is no joke. Maybe something like this... slightly squared off cab and an actual bumper to step on.
It would still be a radical design and pretty dang efficient.
maybe this.jpg

In response to the earlier poster, I understand the -reason- for its appearance... but if they toned it down just slightly, it would make a big difference.
What I noticed at the reveal, the people blogging and going on test drives and loving the truck, looked like coffee shop hipsters. They don't -need-
a cybertruck, but they want one. How many of them have ever owned a heavy duty pickup and understand how large and heavy they are? I remember
the video of Elon pulling out of that restaurant and running over the pylon... standard rookie mistake cutting a corner in a truck. Can't do that. Going
from a model 3 to an 80 inch wide 19ft long vehicle is no joke. Maybe something like this... slightly squared off cab and an actual bumper to step on.
It would still be a radical design and pretty dang efficient.
View attachment 793255
Oh you mean bumper that acts as a step like on this pic of Cybertruck lol
19202926-9C80-4B2F-8F09-2B2F007D9606.jpeg