Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointing N2itive lowering links

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a set of the links for a 2022 Plaid. The pictures online looked beautiful with a very nice finish.
N2itive-Ride-Height-Lowering-Links-RSX-1-Red-Side-1200x900-1.jpg

When I opened the box today I was extremely disappointed with the finish that looked nothing like the pictures.
link.jpg

The "red" is almost pink. The ano on all the parts reminds me of something you might find on wish.com.
I emailed N2itive about the issue and received a response that did not offer any solutions.

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your email. The images on the website are the original 3D renderings of our early RSX-1 links. I just updated the website to show an actual photo of the red RSX-2 links to prevent future confusion. My apologies for not having current images up beforehand.

Thank you,

Don Ryan

(626) 344-8389

https://N2itive.me

I'm sure they would function well, but I'm not putting something that looks this cheap on a $150k car.

I could’ve sworn they looked just like the renderings in the past photos I have seen. Looks like they changed to a cheaper design, if they didn’t not notify customers prior…then I would totally understand your viewpoint. That is a bait and switch, albeit a moderate one.

i am also fairly certain that the earlier orders for the RSX-2 had this finish, not just RSX-1.

EB71978C-3BB4-4EFF-BEA6-204ED3CE9D4B.jpeg

I could’ve sworn they looked just like the renderings in the past photos I have seen. Looks like they changed to a cheaper design, if they didn’t not notify customers prior…then I would totally understand your viewpoint. That is a bait and switch, albeit a moderate one.

i am also fairly certain that the earlier orders for the RSX-2 had this finish, not just RSX-1.

View attachment 798736
Those were what I was expecting.

I ordered a set of the links for a 2022 Plaid. The pictures online looked beautiful with a very nice finish.
View attachment 798173
When I opened the box today I was extremely disappointed with the finish that looked nothing like the pictures.
View attachment 798174
The "red" is almost pink. The ano on all the parts reminds me of something you might find on wish.com.
I emailed N2itive about the issue and received a response that did not offer any solutions.

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your email. The images on the website are the original 3D renderings of our early RSX-1 links. I just updated the website to show an actual photo of the red RSX-2 links to prevent future confusion. My apologies for not having current images up beforehand.

Thank you,

Don Ryan

(626) 344-8389

https://N2itive.me

I'm sure they would function well, but I'm not putting something that looks this cheap on a $150k car.
This is the dumbest post I have ever seen hands down.. you will never again see the links once they are installed unless your adjusting them.. and like someone else said they will be covered in grime in no time.. I wish I had the free time you had to complain about things that literally couldn’t matter less.

For anyone who wants a real review I have the same links on my plaid X and they do exactly what they are supposed to do.. one of my favorite upgrades to my vehicle.

This is the dumbest post I have ever seen hands down.. you will never again see the links once they are installed unless your adjusting them.. and like someone else said they will be covered in grime in no time.. I wish I had the free time you had to complain about things that literally couldn’t matter less.

For anyone who wants a real review I have the same links on my plaid X and they do exactly what they are supposed to do.. one of my favorite upgrades to my vehicle.
Ok…a bit of a stretch to say this is a dumb post and knock the individual down. Let’s try to take his view point here. He ordered a product and expected it to be exactly what is pictured or previous deliveries and got something different.

Albeit, it’s minor and will never be seen, but the principle still applies to why he’s upset. We are all different and put different importance on different things and he honestly wanted his purchase to look exactly what he put money towards, regardless if it won’t be seen after installation.

My solution to this is, ask for an exchange for the black one? They are more expensive though.

Ok…a bit of a stretch to say this is a dumb post and knock the individual down. Let’s try to take his view point here. He ordered a product and expected it to be exactly what is pictured or previous deliveries and got something different.

Albeit, it’s minor and will never be seen, but the principle still applies to why he’s upset. We are all different and put different importance on different things and he honestly wanted his purchase to look exactly what he put money towards, regardless if it won’t be seen after installation.

My solution to this is, ask for an exchange for the black one? They are more expensive though.
Those are my thoughts exactly. I know it won't really be seen, but the items appearance was heavily misrepresented, both in online pictures and previous offerings. I did ask for an exchange. The problem is they are backordered for months.

Those are my thoughts exactly. I know it won't really be seen, but the items appearance was heavily misrepresented, both in online pictures and previous offerings. I did ask for an exchange. The problem is they are backordered for months.
This is your opportunity to also purchase their camber kit also. This way, your rear tires won’t get eaten up after lowering. It’s a sign. Lol

Reactions: coolbreeze303

The image he thought they would look exactly like is clearly a computer rendering.. when has anything in real life ever looked identical to a computer render?

The image he thought they would look exactly like is clearly a computer rendering.. when has anything in real life ever looked identical to a computer render?
did you not see the actual product posted above on previous versions? (see attachment below) No need to get all worked up man. Calling it a dumb question and kicking the person while you're at it is not cool. You're clearly missing the point. It is a computer rendering, but the owner also stated he should replace the pics with actual photos or at least put the actual photos in the ad.

if you ordered chrome wheels and it arrived matte because the renderings looked chrome would you be upset? you would i assume, because now it's a part people and everyone sees, but regardless if it's seen or not, the same principle applies. If the owner then told you, it's a computer rending, when has anything in real life ever looked identical to a computer rendering, would you accept that answer and say "ok cool, such a dumb question for me to ask you."?

regardless if a part is seen or not seen, it should be represented as so in the ad am I wrong? it's the principle he's talking about. I said it's clearly a very minor issue, but his issue is his issue whether it's an issue to you or not.

View attachment 798736

Last edited:
My set look just like OPs. I bought them during the group buy and haven’t even opened the box yet. Until today.

I know for a fact they were the polished/clear coated finish previously because a buddy of mine has them on his plaid and I looked at them prior to install. Just checked with him and verified that, yes, they did change the design to a cheaper one.

Wether or not that had to do with the group buy pricing, I’m not sure. I don’t think I’m going to mention anything to Don, but it is a bait and switch nonetheless, and surely a raw anodized metal would not perform as well as a polished/coated one under extreme conditions.

Last edited:
Reactions: coolbreeze303