Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disassembling Speedometer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone done this?
I need a MPH speedometer and decided to try getting a new faceplate made, however, on removing the perspex cover and the weighted central cover on one of the needles, the rest of the needle appears welded / glued firmly to the spindle. I cannot see a way of removing this, an essential step in removing the faceplate.
Speedo.jpg

Has anyone done this?
I need a MPH speedometer and decided to try getting a new faceplate made, however, on removing the perspex cover and the weighted central cover on one of the needles, the rest of the needle appears welded / glued firmly to the spindle. I cannot see a way of removing this, an essential step in removing the faceplate.View attachment 553488

it won't be perfect, but you could do an overlay of just the speed arch and possibly install it without having to remove the needle?

Problem is that UK rules state the the numbers have to be lit and in the Roadster speedometer that means backlighting so nothing stick-on will pass the test unless additional lighting was installed.