Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discharging past reserve bug on 1.28?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My typical pattern is to run in self-consumption mode with the reserve set to 70%. I don't use a lot of power so this usually let's me run from sundown until about midnight on battery power and then switch over to using grid power until the sun comes up the next day. This always runs like clockwork.

However, after I was updated to 1.28, I've noticed that even though my reserve is set for 70%, the PW continues to discharge past this point:
Screenshot_2018-12-06-22-27-13.png Screenshot_2018-12-06-22-27-21.png Screenshot_2018-12-06-22-27-25.png

Has anyone else experienced this?

Those screenshots were from last night (before midnight). You can see my data from today that even though the powerwall was at 67% (and reserve set to 70%), it continued to trickle small amounts into the house throughout the night:
Screenshot_2018-12-07-09-27-04.png

My Powerwalls jumped from 1.26.0 to 1.29.0 today so I never saw this bug in 1.28.0. I did have a couple days where my Powerwalls went below the reserve by 1% but I'm assuming that was just vampire drain.

I also had an issue where my reserve never seemed to get updated. I had it set to 35% for several weeks. I changed it back down to 25% but on 1.26.0 it would only go down to 35%.

Have you tried changing your reserve to like 65%, then an hour later changing it back to 70%?

Yes, in addition, I use the API to make the changes take effect immediately and that didn't solve the issue.

It seems this problem only lasted one day. I did not observe the issue after the initial report. The only other change/environment difference was the fact it happened to be raining that day....I wonder if the rain had an effect on the batteries (mine are outside).