Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discolored/stained window trim fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My June 2020 build was ceramic coated around 1K miles, but after 21 months and 22K miles, and without using automated car washes, my window trim has discolored and stained like other owners have posted in this forum.

A couple of days ago, I randomly tried using alcohol cleaning wipes from ULINE to address the issue, as nothing else prior had worked. With some scrubbing, all the discoloration was removed, and even after a rainstorm, the trim has remained looking new again. Not sure if this worked because I had previously ceramic coated the car including the trim, or if the wipes simply have the right combination of cleaning agents and abrasiveness, but I'm happy it worked.

Pics of the cleaning wipes and the "after" shot of the trim along the door and top of the window included for reference.

Attachments

• Clean-door-trim.jpg
    Clean-door-trim.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 599
  • Clean-door-trim2.jpg
    Clean-door-trim2.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 425
  • Cleaning-wipes.jpg
    Cleaning-wipes.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 398
I used turtle wax I bought from amazon and it cleaned the discoloration. Applied the wax with a scrub applicator I bought from dollar tree and wiped it off with a microfiber towel.

Turtle Wax T-241A Polishing Compound & Scratch Remover - 10.5 oz. , White​