Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disconnect Battery for Leather Seat Removal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was planning to do some leather work for the dashboard and also on the leather seats, the leather guy said i would need to remove the seats and dashboard for him since he's scared of working on Teslas lol

Do i need to disconnect the 12V battery to remove and replace these items (want to be cautious with the airbag system)? Can i still drive the car with no dashboard on?

Thanks fellas!

You don't need to disconnect the 12v battery just to remove the seats. Just know that the seats are a puzzle taking out, hand brake is attached to the driver's seat and the passenger seat front right bolt by the door is tricky and is best done with a special / modified too. But do-able with a regular too. Since you're getting the seats redone taking off without the tool won't be an issue, however you might damage your seat putting it back in without it. If you're just removing the top dash lid, yes, you can still drive the car without it. Instrument panel and other things will be intact.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
You don't need to disconnect the 12v battery just to remove the seats. Just know that the seats are a puzzle taking out, hand brake is attached to the driver's seat and the passenger seat front right bolt by the door is tricky and is best done with a special / modified too. But do-able with a regular too. Since you're getting the seats redone taking off without the tool won't be an issue, however you might damage your seat putting it back in without it. If you're just removing the top dash lid, yes, you can still drive the car without it. Instrument panel and other things will be intact.

Thanks for the info! Was able to get it done!

Reactions: wiztecy