Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discount Full Self driving offer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
I got a notice for a discount to $3000 on Full self driving (FSD) capability on my 2017 Model S the other day. Looking at my invoice I have Enhanced Autopilot (EAP). What will FSD give me over EAP?

When I turn on EAP, I get the lane change option when the other lane appears to have faster traffic. I have the capability for navigate on autopilot. It'll turn the blinker on and exit for me. I have parallel and perpendicular parking. I have smart summon.

So what will I get for the $3k? Will it get me MCU upgrade?

Hi
I got a notice for a discount to $3000 on Full self driving (FSD) capability on my 2017 Model S the other day. Looking at my invoice I have Enhanced Autopilot (EAP). What will FSD give me over EAP?

When I turn on EAP, I get the lane change option when the other lane appears to have faster traffic. I have the capability for navigate on autopilot. It'll turn the blinker on and exit for me. I have parallel and perpendicular parking. I have smart summon.

So what will I get for the $3k? Will it get me MCU upgrade?

No, MCU upgrade to mcu2.0 is separate. $2500

$3k gets you upgraded FSD computer and FSD software. All that you have now plus city autopiloT features.

Thanks. Not sure city driving is worth $3k
Personal decision.

I had EAP and was NOT going to pay $4k for city autopilot. My personal decision was to wait to see if Elon dropped to a sale of $2k.

Then three things happened:
- Elon tweeted price will go to $5k July1
-Elon dropped price to a sale of $3k
-I started reading more and more on the tech of the neural network, the advances coming so quickly, and the success of all of the recent city updates. Appears Tesla is NOT playing around with advancing the city part.

So...i got swayed, and clicked for $3k. Im future proofed. (until the Hw4 comes out eventually, and Im starting over again. LOL)

I justify it by saying it will simply be $3k less left in my will one day.

Last edited:
Personal decision.

I had EAP and was NOT going to pay $4k for city autopilot. My personal decision was to wait to see if Elon dropped to a sale of $2k.

Then three things happened:
- Elon tweeted price will go to $5k July1
-Elon dropped price to a sale of $3k
-I started reading more and more on the tech of the neural network, the advances coming so quickly, and the success of all of the recent city updates. Appears Tesla is NOT playing around with advancing the city part.

So...i got swayed, and clicked for $3k. Im future proofed. (until the Hw4 comes out eventually, and Im starting over again. LOL)

I justify it by saying it will simply be $3k less left in my will one day.
Now you just need to update the signature, lol