Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discount if buying more than 1 car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, Tesla does not allow negotiatons or discounts. This is to avoid the traditional dealership model of haggling and negotiating. Everyone pays the same price for the same vehicle.

With that being said, if you guys are not in a rush and can wait a bit to get your cars then you could game the system a bit to get a slight "discount" as follows:
1. The first person orders their vehicle.
2. When that person gets their car, they also get a referral code which could be used for the other two people to order their cars.
3. When the referral code is used, both the person doing the referral and the person ordering the car get 1000 free miles of supercharging.
4. This would result in a cumulative total of 4000 miles of free supercharging (2000 for the person who provides the code and 1000 for each of the other two). The total value of this would be a few hundred dollars.
5. You would also be entered twice for a chance to win a model Y or Tesla roadster when their available.

Everyone paying the same price is just marketing BS.
They are happy to use every trick in the book of sleazy dealrship to extort more money from you. I'm experiencing this frist hand.. payed 7000 above order agreement and they still are finding new items I have to pay eventhough they were not in the order agreement.

They are happy to use every trick in the book of sleazy dealrship to extort more money from you. I'm experiencing this frist hand.. payed 7000 above order agreement and they still are finding new items I have to pay eventhough they were not in the order agreement.

I don’t know what’s going on in your situation, but I suspect there’s 3 sides to the story.

My cost was exactly what’s on the MPVA. To the penny.

Reactions: boaterva and brkaus
No, Tesla does not allow negotiatons or discounts. This is to avoid the traditional dealership model of haggling and negotiating. Everyone pays the same price for the same vehicle.

With that being said, if you guys are not in a rush and can wait a bit to get your cars then you could game the system a bit to get a slight "discount" as follows:
1. The first person orders their vehicle.
2. When that person gets their car, they also get a referral code which could be used for the other two people to order their cars.
3. When the referral code is used, both the person doing the referral and the person ordering the car get 1000 free miles of supercharging.
4. This would result in a cumulative total of 4000 miles of free supercharging (2000 for the person who provides the code and 1000 for each of the other two). The total value of this would be a few hundred dollars.
5. You would also be entered twice for a chance to win a model Y or Tesla roadster when their available.

OP - You can also get a referral code from just about anyone here on TMC, or on the internet, for use on the first car purchase. PM me if you would like to use mine.

The referral code gets 1000 free miles of charging for the first 6 months (unless changed again). If you’re like me - don’t travel much and prefer to charge at home due to convenience and electric rates... the value is pretty low imho.

True and same, but still, for that one or too long trips you might take, the feeling of "zero cost" for travel will make one's soul sing...

Last edited:

The OP is in this thread is in the US. Your location shows as Slovenia. I am thinking there may be a difference in execution of pricing between those two locations / countries. No idea what you are dealing with, but I remember posts here complaining about the car not even being available in slovenia to be imported, in violation of some European law that was quoted by the posters. I suspect your situation is somewhat complicated due to import laws etc.

EDIT: -- For OP,

Tesla doesnt "negotiate", on new, <20 mile new cars (at least in the US it doesnt). As mentioned, you guys can get some free supercharging miles, which may or may not be of some benefit to you. You might be able to get the local tesla store to you to throw in some stuff that was removed, like USB cables if they have them, or charging adapters that were removed recently.

Are we talking about the same company? Tesla is all over the place with pricing when they need to move cars, especially inventory cars and demo cars. And even more so when their numbers are not looking good and they are trying to hit a quarterly target.

Their pricing may be consistent if you place your order online and never talk to anyone. But there are other ways to buy a car from Tesla than the web site, and their are a lot of opportunities to get discounts and deals. Maybe even more so than traditional dealership if you are patient.

It is a bad time to get the Tesla itch.
The price will be a lot lower next year.
But if you already want to buy a Tesla, the best deal would be to buy a inventory car.

"A lot lower next year" - what is your theory? I think there will be another $2-4k price drop after the federal rebate completely goes away January 2020 but I doubt we'll see anything beyond that.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
Are we talking about the same company? Tesla is all over the place with pricing when they need to move cars, especially inventory cars and demo cars. And even more so when their numbers are not looking good and they are trying to hit a quarterly target.

I was referring to new configured cars. Of course you can get a discount on a demo car, no one is going to sell a used item at regular price. And yes there are occasional exceptions and yes Tesla changes (and usually lowers) their prices over time. But in the vast majority of cases everyone pays the same price for the same configuration.

The OP is in this thread is in the US. Your location shows as Slovenia. I am thinking there may be a difference in execution of pricing between those two locations / countries. No idea what you are dealing with, but I remember posts here complaining about the car not even being available in slovenia to be imported, in violation of some European law that was quoted by the posters. I suspect your situation is somewhat complicated due to import laws etc..

Yes, they would not take orders from us until ECP intervened. Then they said they would take orders and charge same prices as to Austrians including AT VAT. Two days before delivery when the price from order agreement was already payed in full they figured I have to pay more etc as described above.

Anyway .. I've managed to reach a human being that confirmed that Direct Delivery charge on the invoice is BS and that I can still change my configuration and I did. He also confirmed I will get a refund for any possible over-payment.

So far so good, waiting on Triumph Ace ...