Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discount on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I currently drive a 2016 90D. Tesla is offering 11k discount on LR 2022 model. I have made the reservation but I am a bit confused. Is the refresh coming soon? Should I hold off the purchase? The car still looks almost the same from outside compared to my 2016. Also there is 14k discount on Plaid. Should I opt for Plaid? Is there any difference between 2022 and 2023 LR?

Last edited:
You posted this twice?

You posted this twice?

I think I messed up. Using this forum after a long time. I’ll delete the other one

Huh? First I've heard of this. Car was significantly refreshed last Q of 2021. No body/interior changes imminent unless you have evidence to the contrary. HW4 is another matter of course...
Sorry, that's a joke. Elon's been quoted saying this about something else that never came to fruition. But there are always new things coming. Refresh is an old term and shouldn't be used anymore.

• Funny
Reactions: Npate2 and Nickos
Ok, back to 2022 S vs. 2023 S. Changes are mostly minor, but a few nice things. If it's an $11K discount, that's a bargain! Changes include:
  • Taillight design changed slightly
  • Headlight has a new matrix design but is not software enabled yet (due to slow regulation approval)
  • The rear charge port changed (not sure for the better)
  • The main display is now tiltable
  • MCUZ now has 16 GB Ram (up from 8 GB), which allows Steam games to be run
  • MCUZ now has 256 GB of internal flash, vs 128 GB in the prior model

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke
Ok, back to 2022 S vs. 2023 S. Changes are mostly minor, but a few nice things. If it's an $11K discount, that's a bargain! Changes include:
  • Headlight has a new matrix design but is not software enabled yet (due to slow regulation approval)
Good Summary.

Technically, the main display now swivels instead of tilts, but that's a minor point.

The later model '22's (August or so on?) should have been called Model Year 2022 and 1/2 as they have all the upgrades noted, and may, PERHAPS, have some enhanced quality in the build process. Hard to tell with Tesla as quality variance is their thing . . . .

Also:

- Rear screen 9.4" up from 8"

Just a note, it is not 2022 vs 2023 to get those items, they had a few updates during the 2022 model year.

Memory was updated in jan/feb, lights in march (easy to tell, look at the rear. if the "Tesla" bar ends at the lights, its the new one, if it extends into, the car has the old lights), and in May? (478xxx I think) the swivel was added.

Just get the vin of the one they are offering, you should be able to tell if it has everything by comparing that to the feature releases.

Just a note, it is not 2022 vs 2023 to get those items, they had a few updates during the 2022 model year.

Memory was updated in jan/feb, lights in march (easy to tell, look at the rear. if the "Tesla" bar ends at the lights, its the new one, if it extends into, the car has the old lights), and in May? (478xxx I think) the swivel was added.

Just get the vin of the one they are offering, you should be able to tell if it has everything by comparing that to the feature releases.
I have the vin. How can I check the feature releases?

I have the vin. How can I check the feature releases?
Just number comparison based on what I said in my message. If the number is greater than what I said, it has the lights/memory and maybe swivel (I don’t know the specific number for that). If it is less, it might not have everything.

Won’t tell you anything else though, like fsd.

Just number comparison based on what I said in my message. If the number is greater than what I said, it has the lights/memory and maybe swivel (I don’t know the specific number for that). If it is less, it might not have everything.

Won’t tell you anything else though, like fsd.
Thanks. My VIN is xx494xxx. I should have all the updates. Picking up the car today.