Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discrepancy between Gateway solar CT and Enphase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some pictures

CFEC9DA1-1785-44CF-81C0-CC6D67E9E7E6.jpeg
6B1D9C2C-492E-4C8B-83DA-53EC54002871.jpeg
CFEC9DA1-1785-44CF-81C0-CC6D67E9E7E6.jpeg6B1D9C2C-492E-4C8B-83DA-53EC54002871.jpeg01C8CBA8-2496-41C0-9E4E-7E3EAE0737B7.jpeg

Attachments

• 44C0D962-EE5A-4CFC-938F-C4DE10C9775E.jpeg
    44C0D962-EE5A-4CFC-938F-C4DE10C9775E.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 68
I’m having a similar problem with my recently installed PWs. I have a 5kw solaredge system that reports about 25% more solar production than what the gateway is reporting. Originally the CT was on the wrong wire which was causing all sorts of power flow issues. That was moved and the power flow issues are resolved but underreporting is a current problem. Any suggestions.
I would call Tesla Powerwall support and have them open a ticket for you.

I guess I would suggest that you try to do your comparisons when you have kW(s) of energy going through the system.

You appear to have your solar monitored in the gateway on one channel, which then also measure current to the grid. House usage is just grid-solar=house math, so if you really want to check the CT, turn off the house, (except for your internet and WiFi...) and the powerwalls, and check the measured power. Should be close.

What is in the PVC tube?

All the best,

BG

Those are the plans. City requirement.

The solar production is about 24% higher than what the gateway recognizes.

According to this Tesla website here Installing Powerwall | Tesla Support (scroll down to the video titled Internal Metering with Gateway 2 and go to minute 4:40), it says that the number on the tesla wizard and the solar inverter should be the same. I checked this and these two numbers are different on my system. Per the pictures, the number on the solar inverter is 116 and the number on the tesla wizard app is 80. So something is not installed/configured correctly and it's causing a loss of solar power.

I’m having a similar problem with my recently installed PWs. I have a 5kw solaredge system that reports about 25% more solar production than what the gateway is reporting. Originally the CT was on the wrong wire which was causing all sorts of power flow issues. That was moved and the power flow issues are resolved but underreporting is a current problem. Any suggestions.
May want to see if you can get a make and model of the CT and go online to get specs and if it is a revenue grade CT, 0.2% or 0.5%.

Got an email back from Tesla on the 17th that they logged a ticket and would address it within 14 days.

"We estimate that it will take us up to 14 days to resolve your inquiry.

We will be sure to keep you posted on any further updates. "

I have not heard anything else from them but did notice some changes in reporting. On the 16th, 17th, and 18th the home usage had a dip to 0 corresponding to when solar production was happening. This had not happened before. Then on the 19th there was a massive increase in both the solar and home numbers like they just caught up with the unreported data. Home usage reported that day was 113kwh instead of the typical mid 30's and solar was reported at 97.8 kwh vs the 22.6 Enphase reported. Then for the following 3 days the solar production has been a lot closer to what Enphase is reporting, but now it's a little higher rather than the 45% below that it was.

So Tesla seems to be working on it, but have not said anything beyond the email mentioned above.

• Informative
Reactions: BGbreeder
Got an email back from Tesla on the 17th that they logged a ticket and would address it within 14 days.

"We estimate that it will take us up to 14 days to resolve your inquiry.

We will be sure to keep you posted on any further updates. "

I have not heard anything else from them but did notice some changes in reporting. On the 16th, 17th, and 18th the home usage had a dip to 0 corresponding to when solar production was happening. This had not happened before. Then on the 19th there was a massive increase in both the solar and home numbers like they just caught up with the unreported data. Home usage reported that day was 113kwh instead of the typical mid 30's and solar was reported at 97.8 kwh vs the 22.6 Enphase reported. Then for the following 3 days the solar production has been a lot closer to what Enphase is reporting, but now it's a little higher rather than the 45% below that it was.

So Tesla seems to be working on it, but have not said anything beyond the email mentioned above.
Same thing happened to me. They called me a couple days later. Mine is now over reporting by 7%. I’m not sure what adjustment they made.