Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

discrepancy in 0-60 times M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at getting a M3 - coming from a petrol audi s4.

I have looked at the tesla used inventory and its listing 0-60 times for the long range versions at 3.7 and 3.9

online reviews though give a slower 0-60 ?

what are the actual times for the long range M3

It depends on whether the car has the optional Acceleration boost, which is a software unlock that can be bought at any time.

My car is a 2022 Model 3 LR without the Acceleration boost, the 0-60 is 4.2s

If I go into the app and pay £1500 then that can come down to 3.7s

any other variation is down to showing 1-100kph (which would be 4.4s without boost and 3.9s with boost)

It depends on whether the car has the optional Acceleration boost, which is a software unlock that can be bought at any time.

My car is a 2022 Model 3 LR without the Acceleration boost, the 0-60 is 4.2s

If I go into the app and pay £1500 then that can come down to 3.7s

any other variation is down to showing 1-100kph (which would be 4.4s without boost and 3.9s with boost)
cheers

Tesla also measure the 0-60 by excluding the first foot of roll-out (like a drag strip would) so some other tests might show slight differences. But it’s still rapid acceleration due to how instant the torque is.

Reactions: CWT3LR
yes brake are pretty poor due to its weight, but its not a performance car, its just a EV that goes fast.

My RS6 was a not a performance car, it was an estate car that went fast, and again the brakes werent great at stopping a 2 tonne barge after a few heated stamps.

Cars are built to forfill certain parameters and spec'd accordingly.

95% of the time everything on a car will work as intended if you stick within the parameters that the car was designed for.

cheers everyone - so far sheep have not been an issue in my s4 :)
Just you wait until you have something new and shiny ... we all know that there is a 3 week period after getting a new car when one of these things, that have not been an issue before, happens: 1) A huge stone is kicked up by another vehicle and takes a lump out of your paintwork or puts an indelible dint into the windscreen 2) You grind your new wheels along a kerb 3) An animal leaps out in front of you with disastrous consequences

Not that I'm pessimistic ... ;)

Tesla also measure the 0-60 by excluding the first foot of roll-out (like a drag strip would) so some other tests might show slight differences. But it’s still rapid acceleration due to how instant the torque is.
And seamless too - linear from the off right up until speeds that no-one sensible would aim to achieve on a public road.

Reactions: Skie
If I lived in Aberdare ( having worked in that area) I would be more concerned about whether the brakes are up to the job of avoiding the suicidal sheep that like to throw themselves into the road in front of you on the best driving roads.
There will be parts of the A470 where I guarantee the 0-60 time will be quicker than the quoted figure. And times where the road by Llwydcoed will make you not want to go quicker than 20.....

I am looking at getting a M3 - coming from a petrol audi s4.

I have looked at the tesla used inventory and its listing 0-60 times for the long range versions at 3.7 and 3.9

online reviews though give a slower 0-60 ?

what are the actual times for the long range M3
Diferent kettle of fish. Even a slower ev such as an I3 or the slowest m3 will feel quicker because they are consistent and always in the power band. You would have to be in launch control at every light and that is a song and dance/ritual to get going. If you had tried one, you wouldn't be asking this ;)

In my 2022 M3 LR I can get sub 4 seconds (3.96 is the fastest) for 0-60mph on the flat (going both ways) using a RaceBox.
I’ve been thinking about the acceleration boost for a year now, still can’t justify it (yet).
441BAA60-9EB2-4AAD-9C13-8967D1F4E1B4.png

Reactions: CWT3LR
In my 2022 M3 LR I can get sub 4 seconds (3.96 is the fastest) for 0-60mph on the flat (going both ways) using a RaceBox.
I’ve been thinking about the acceleration boost for a year now, still can’t justify it (yet).
View attachment 896483
Can you imagine how much you would have had to pay even 10 years ago for performance like that, and all the other compromises? For all his ills and justified criticism, Musk has changed motoring for ever.