Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discrepancy on my Monroney sticker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dirkhh

Middle-aged Member
Jul 7, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
I notice that my Montoney sticker mentions "smart air suspension" as standard equipment, yet my car has standard suspension. I guess I should start a "get out the pitchforks" effort and threaten lawsuits or something?

Or more realistically I could add this to the long list of minor complaints I have with the ordering and delivery process and the little issues that I've had in the 36 hours of having the car...

But then again, why would I? I love the car :)

It listed the base price (of a 60 I think) and then the 'upgrade' to the 85 was included... Something along those lines.

The car truly is awesome isn't it! With or without some rough edges.

So mine lists the base of a 60 ($69,900), an included (i.e., free) 85kWh battery, then the upgrade to "performance dual motor" for a cool $34,600 (which, btw, is almost to the dollar the price for the most expensive car we ever bought prior to becoming Tesla owners for the first time 18 months ago). Next it lists an included dual drive motor (kinda redundant), then included fog lamps and below that the tech package with auto pilot for $4,250 (and I believe it is THAT that includes the fog lamps). Then it lists standard suspension included (which is correct), but above in the "Technical Features" section it explicitly states under "standard equipment" that the car has "Smart Air Suspension".

That whole thing was done by an intern on a late Friday afternoon, I think.

That whole thing was done by an intern on a late Friday afternoon, I think.

Maybe if they looked around, they could find somebody that had some IT experience to write a program to make the Monroney sticker consistent. I wonder if there are any good programmers available near the Tesla offices?

Come on guys. When the P85D first came out air suspension was included. They changed that and apparently someone made a mistake in coding the option packages on dirkhh's car. It's even likely that Tesla knew about this but didn't bother to fix it because it didn't really harm anything. Spend time fixing an edge case caused by a configuration change or spend time doing who knows what other priorities they have. I can imagine how I would prioritize this. It's pretty demeaning to imply that the employees behind this are bad at their jobs for a tiny inconsequential mistake.

Come on guys. When the P85D first came out air suspension was included. They changed that and apparently someone made a mistake in coding the option packages on dirkhh's car. It's even likely that Tesla knew about this but didn't bother to fix it because it didn't really harm anything. Spend time fixing an edge case caused by a configuration change or spend time doing who knows what other priorities they have. I can imagine how I would prioritize this. It's pretty demeaning to imply that the employees behind this are bad at their jobs for a tiny inconsequential mistake.
I don't think I said the employees are bad at their jobs. I said this was done by an intern on a Friday afternoon. It's just a sign of lack of attention to detail. They were cutting corners, not proofreading what is printed for various configurations.
There is no deeper learning here, IMHO. I am not pretending that we can draw any insightful conclusions. I'm just saying "oh, look, they messed up".

I thought it was meant in humor and got a chuckle out of it.

Having said that, the contents of the Monroney Sticker are required by law. Some of the required contents include the options on the vehicle and corresponding price. I would venture to guess that a Monroney Sticker that incorrectly lists installed options would probably not be in compliance with the law and likely subject the manufacturer to a fine. If that's true I would suggest Tesla spend some time on getting them correct.

Monroney sticker

@NOLA_Mike and others in the same boat, should we all ask for a new Monroney sticker for our P85Ds as the ones we got back in December show the pre-torque-sleep 242 mile range?! Not a biggie but, just thinking about that used car buyer in the distant future ;)

@NOLA_Mike and others in the same boat, should we all ask for a new Monroney sticker for our P85Ds as the ones we got back in December show the pre-torque-sleep 242 mile range?! Not a biggie but, just thinking about that used car buyer in the distant future ;)

:) How about mine that shows Next Generation Seats which I have yet to see.

Remember the day when manufacturers attached those things to the windows in such a way that you needed a razor blade to get them off and they came off in 5,000 shreds of paper?

Are you driving again?

Mike

A Monroney sticker is a legal requirement, and as such, it's very important. Tesla has gotten very sloppy about details in the last year or so. It seems the employees are too distracted with what's next to be focused on what's now.