Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion : All discussion regarding Model 3 and Tax credit in model 3 subforum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ALL 3/Y produced in 2023 were model year 2023. The switchover did not happen until January.

I literally cited someone taking delivery of a 2024 Model Y in 2023 in the post you are replying to- so clearly not all 3/Y produced in 23 were 23s.

There are zero 2024 M3Ps in the US.

It's certainly possible they just stopped making 3Ps before the switchover-- but that doesn't change the fact what the website says about Ps getting the tax credit does not apply to some doesn't-exist-yet-highland-P, but instead applies to any previously-built-but-not-yet-sold pre-refresh ones.

Currently we have no idea if Highland Ps will qualify-- but there's some decent argument why they won't (because it'd make it pointless for anyone to buy a LR AWD, unless they either just stop making those as they did once before, or they slash the price on it and the RWD pretty significantly)

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
I literally cited someone taking delivery of a 2024 Model Y in 2023 in the post you are replying to- so clearly not all 3/Y produced in 23 were 23s.
All Model 3/Y produced in the US in 2023 are 2023 models. The US model year cutover did not happen until January.

As we’re taking about cars delivered in the US for purposes of the US tax credit, it seemed obvious to me that we would scope the conversation to the US and citing a delivery in the EU made in a foreign factory is not relevant to the conversation.

It's certainly possible they just stopped making 3Ps before the switchover--
There’s no speculation at play here - there aren’t any 2024 Model 3 Performance cars in the US as of today. They didn’t make any.

Reactions: E90alex and MP3Mike
Currently we have no idea if Highland Ps will qualify-- but there's some decent argument why they won't (because it'd make it pointless for anyone to buy a LR AWD, unless they either just stop making those as they did once before, or they slash the price on it and the RWD pretty significantly)
3LR price will have to come down. It’s already too expensive compared to Model Y. They’re just gouging the first movers right now because they can.

But I agree the 3P, given all the changes rumored, probably won’t start under $55k, at least at first.

Reactions: JKennedy442