Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion : All discussion regarding Model 3 and Tax credit in model 3 subforum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting text messages, emails, and calls from Tesla regularly now for the past two weeks trying to get me to take delivery before year's end. I've never seen them this pushy which makes me think a LOT of people are holding on to their order (me included).

I'm willing to wait to see how it shakes out next year since I don't really need the car yet. I'm hoping it's the right call but there just isn't any way to tell for sure what will happen. If you need a car, I would just get it now with the discount. It's a decent discount for sure.

I am getting text messages, emails, and calls from Tesla regularly now for the past two weeks trying to get me to take delivery before year's end. I've never seen them this pushy which makes me think a LOT of people are holding on to their order (me included).

I'm willing to wait to see how it shakes out next year since I don't really need the car yet. I'm hoping it's the right call but there just isn't any way to tell for sure what will happen. If you need a car, I would just get it now with the discount. It's a decent discount for sure.
Definitely a good outlook. If you can wait it out, do so. If you need a car, it's a good time right now in terms if discounts/perks. The future is always uncertain, lol

It’s December 21 I’m not too sure how Tesla can manage a delivery before the end of the year for orders placed today…seems extremely unlikely and then you lose your $250 to cancel if you don’t get it delivered until January and you miss out on the tax credit.
Probably depends on where you live, in Los Angeles it takes three days from ordering to delivery plus Tesla keeps building cars and shipping them out.
If you don’t receive the car until January you will get the tax credit If the car qualifies for it.

I ordered a custom 3P today hoping for delivery in December (will cancel otherwise). I'm in the SF Bay Area, but can't say I'm confident about the December delivery since Tesla's website still shows late December delivery if I change my zip code to remote Maine.

I'm interested in purchasing a 2023 Model 3 LR in Red with added 19 rims. Will this likely push the MSRP past the $55,000 mark? If so, does that mean I won't qualify for the $7,500 tax rebate slated for next year?

I know the base Model 3 will qualify but my heart is on the Long Range model.

I'm interested in purchasing a 2023 Model 3 LR in Red with added 19 rims. Will this likely push the MSRP past the $55,000 mark? If so, does that mean I won't qualify for the $7,500 tax rebate slated for next year?

Considering that a base Model 3 LR starts at $57,990, yes what you are looking for would be past the $55k mark. (Unless they lower the price by a lot. You would be ~$6.5k over with your options, assuming you go for the black interior and no FSD/EAP.)

New (almost) owner here. I bought a M3 LR AWD in red with 19's the day they released the $7500 discount! 😁. Supposed to pick up on 12/30. Guaranteed up front savings is much better than maybe some rebate/maybe no rebate gamble. Strange that ordering a LR is not even an option at this point. It's either base RWD or performance.

New (almost) owner here. I bought a M3 LR AWD in red with 19's the day they released the $7500 discount! 😁. Supposed to pick up on 12/30. Guaranteed up front savings is much better than maybe some rebate/maybe no rebate gamble. Strange that ordering a LR is not even an option at this point. It's either base RWD or performance.
i think the rumor is that they will create the base model 3 lr to be 54,999 to get the incentive starting jan 1st. so in theory it would be 54,999 - 7,500 or 47,499 vs the present price of 58,999 - 7500 for 51,499. This is why currently you cannot order a model 3 long range but you can order the performance. so it is 4k more in theory than what you would get on jan 1. ofcourse you wouldn't see the 7500 back until 2024 tax time vs having it off the car up front.

i ordered the last model 3 LR available. It was silver with the sports wheel package (i would have rather had the standard wheel and save 1500).

If that's the case i.e. $54,999 base, wonder if they will allow owners to purchase at $54,999 to get the rebate, then pay separately for upgrades such as paint, wheels, etc. Otherwise, *only* completely base models would be eligible. If I'm spending $55-$60k on a car, no way in hell I'm doing it without getting the *exact* configuration I want in terms of color and wheels.

Also, the December $7500 discount saved tax so for me saved $7972.50, so call it $8,000 off to make it easy. I'm not confident that I'll be able to get a LR AWD in red with 19's and get any kind of rebate so no ragrets. ;) Performance version was +$4,000 which for me was not worth it, especially considering higher insurance cost, less range, worse ride quality etc.

i think the rumor is that they will create the base model 3 lr to be 54,999 to get the incentive starting jan 1st. so in theory it would be 54,999 - 7,500 or 47,499 vs the present price of 58,999 - 7500 for 51,499. This is why currently you cannot order a model 3 long range but you can order the performance. so it is 4k more in theory than what you would get on jan 1. ofcourse you wouldn't see the 7500 back until 2024 tax time vs having it off the car up front.

i ordered the last model 3 LR available. It was silver with the sports wheel package (i would have rather had the standard wheel and save 1500).
Well, since I see you are Colorado, you can always add a set of 18" aero wheels with winter tires. $2250 doesn't seem too bad considering the Pirelli tires they come with run around $1200. Also, the aero's would help with range when you need it most i.e. in cold winter weather.