Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's my question as well. I hear the dead pedal for MY 20 has been taken out. Will the mats from the various mfrs be adjusted? If not, may have to slip a piece of 1x3 behind them.

Looks like I will have to wait for my vehicle (in 9 days) before I can order any kind of mats which I was trying to avoid as I was planning to go with the mats when picking up in this cold weather in Ohio.

Got my 2020 M3 over the weekend and put in the Tesla mats and the rubber mat portion stops about half way up the dead pedal area. There is no dead pedal on the 2020. I am a bit annoyed that the rubber doesn't go all the way up where half of my foot rests on the carpet of the car. Other than that, I really like the Tesla mats. I got them for the front, rear, trunk and frunk.

don't know what floor mats to get since i don't know how well the existing floor mats on Amazon fit the new Model 3's which don't have a dead pedal. and also from another thread it seems the seat rails are an inch further up than 2019's. any recommendations?

I went with the Taptes mats, but I am still waiting for my 2020 to get delivered. Any source for the seat rail info? I hadn't heard that before!

Also the 2020's still have a dead pedal shape, but it is just carpet rather than a metal piece so floor mats shouldn't need any changes for that.

IMG_20191212_155048.jpg IMG_20191212_155108.jpg
IMG_20191212_155048.jpg
IMG_20191212_155108.jpg
How do you guys feel like the passenger side floor mat fits? I like the fit of the driver's side and the back, but the passenger side isn't quite right. There's a crease on the side next to the center console and I feel like the edge near the seat isn't moulded properly. I'll try to attach a photo.

Combine this with the fact that my trunk mat, frunk mat, and key card holder are still missing in transit somewhere and they are moving at a glacial pace to even attempt to sort it out and I'm a little less than thrilled by the experience.

Got #4 item from the Model3Part Shop giveaway. Writing a review, as asked for in the giveaway.

Vendor - Giveaway from Model3Part Shop

All-weather Floor Mats For Tesla Model 3

The mats are replacing some generic mats that were cut with a razor blade to fit the Model 3. The new mats fit perfectly and are much thinner. I assume thinner is better, though they offer the "heavy duty" mats also.

They come rolled up, so I flattened them out overnight before installing them.

Not much else to say, except that they are obviously custom fit for the Model 3 and don't require any cutting or leave empty spots. They are very thin, and feel more like they are part of the car.

I ordered Taptes 3D All Weather floor mats ( TapTes 3D All-Weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model 3 ).
I have the 2020 model year (with the change to the dead pedal) and the driver side floor mat seems to fit in pretty nicely:
View attachment 489869
I don't know how the back mat fit previous years but it looks fine around the seat rails to me:
View attachment 489868

I 2nd this as well. No huge gaps with the rear mat. Mine look just like yours. No issues and love these mats! At $99 it was a steal and a better looking set than those 3DMaxPiders with the lame ass 3D logo. What a mistake that is! lol

Reactions: Blackburnrover
I don't recommend the Taptes mats. I thought the passenger side fit funny, and my trunk and frunk mats were lost in shipping and Taptes basically told me to pound sand. Would not make me whole.

Very disappointed in the service and experience from them.

I live in the east coast of Canada so our winter makes an all-season mat a must.

Costco.ca carries this Phantom brand, with is unheard of. Very little review online but some says it is Tuxmat. So I did some researches on Tuxmat and given Costco's return policy, I have decided to give it a try. Overall I am very impressed and here is my review below:

Price: Phantom is 219.99 CAD on Costco.ca Tuxmat website is 276.30 CAD current on sale for 248.50 CAD.

Shipping: ultra-fast. Ordered it on 17th noonish and got it on 18th noon. This could be because I live 180km from their warehouse.

Make: Phantom and Tuxmat are indeed identical. The metal label on the mat says Phantom but the tables at the back of the mat clearly says Tuxmat and the indentations on the anchors read Tuxmat as well.

Quality: Feels very high quality. All details are very well crafted. I do not think the rebranding compromises the quality at all. So all the reviews for Tuxmat on Youtube are applicable.

Improvements: on Youtube there are two common complaints 1. deshaped back row from folding and 2. clips doesn't work on the console side for the front rows. This Phantom mat I got clearly resolves those two issue 1. the back row mat is rolled in the box instead of folded and 2. they have included six velcro anchors (not the round velcro tapes you see in some YouTube video). The anchors are two pieces. The back piece is taped onto the car's carpet but in fact I find the back piece is completely unnecessary. The anchor without the back piece sticks onto the car's carpet just like how the original liners do. Moreover, they have also included 2 half sized clips for the places where there is not enough space behind the plastic trimming, such as door frame.

Fitting: Front fits extremely well. Back can be improved a bit around the seat rails. Overall very well despite the minor room for improvement. Took 6 regular sized clips for the back row mat. 2 velcro anchors + 2 regular sized clips for the driver side. 3 velcro anchos + 2 regular sized clips for the passenger side. Many spares clips left.

Installation: it took me some time for the first time installation. Mainly due to finding the best spot for the clip and it is pretty hard to get the clips on to the mats. The clips slide behind the plastic trimming very easily so it is super easy for removal and reinstall in the future. One thing to mention is that the mat comes with a carpet anchor with a metal spike for the driver side. I am supposed to poke the metal spike into the car carpet in the mid of the ground (many YouTubers show how). However, I refused to have any sort of non reversible modification on my M3 so I install the driver side without using the floor anchor at all. My mat fits so well that it doesn't move a bit without the anchor. So if you are like me, this mat will work.

Look: Some YouTuber feel the look of Tuxmat/Phantom does not match M3's ultra simple aesthetic. I personally think the internal of M3 is not only simple but also cheap. To me the mats added the luxury feeling that I am looking for.

Durability: Videos on Youtube praises the durability of Tuxmat. A lot of owner (not all M3) shows how washable Tuxmat is and how it looks brand new after a good pressure wash. I won't know till spring but it is from Costco so in the worst case the cost is a trip to the warehouse.

Costco.ca also carries 3D Maxpider. 3D Maxpider goes on sale roughly twice a year but haven't seen this Tuxmat/Phantom go on sale.

Reactions: ATC@LWSK
Yes, they are more of a grey color, definitely not black. I have had my TapTes all weather floor mats in my Model 3 for 5 days now, and I have to say, I'm a little disappointed. They looked beautiful when I first put them in, but after 5 days of light use, the front driver mat is already started to slide toward the middle of the car with normal entrance and exit from the vehicle. There is now a gap of about 1" on the left hand side of the mat between the mat and the car. I had hoped that these mats would stay in place with normal use, but it's already starting to shift to the right. It seems like the back surface is not "sticky" enough to keep it from sliding on the carpet.

View attachment 487895 View attachment 487896 View attachment 487895 View attachment 487896 How do you guys feel like the passenger side floor mat fits? I like the fit of the driver's side and the back, but the passenger side isn't quite right. There's a crease on the side next to the center console and I feel like the edge near the seat isn't moulded properly. I'll try to attach a photo.

Combine this with the fact that my trunk mat, frunk mat, and key card holder are still missing in transit somewhere and they are moving at a glacial pace to even attempt to sort it out and I'm a little less than thrilled by the experience.

My passenger mat also is cut weird, however the crease on mine is on the other side. It also seems like the cut on my mat has too much material on the top right side.

Otherwise, the driver and rear seat fit great. I will report back in a few days if I also have any issues with them moving around.

I purchased them off of Amazon, so I have at least till the end of Jan to return them if they start moving around.

IMG_1752.JPG