Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good set of floor mats for the model 3? I have the ones that came with the car, but I also have 3 fairly young children that are highly likely to get in the car with sand in their shoes from the playground and such.

I have seen a few different kinds on Amazon and such but I wanted to see what folks here thought.

Thanks.

• Disagree
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt

Attachments

• E6DA48FE-5179-4B7C-AEAC-C36747C98AFA.jpeg
    E6DA48FE-5179-4B7C-AEAC-C36747C98AFA.jpeg
    461.6 KB · Views: 203
  • B9A773C1-D66E-4E89-96C3-D0C90DDDAA80.jpeg
    B9A773C1-D66E-4E89-96C3-D0C90DDDAA80.jpeg
    402.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 14EA71D7-0F2D-48DB-9202-8678B5EE3619.jpeg
    14EA71D7-0F2D-48DB-9202-8678B5EE3619.jpeg
    421.5 KB · Views: 178
I live in the east coast of Canada so our winter makes an all-season mat a must.

Costco.ca carries this Phantom brand, with is unheard of. Very little review online but some says it is Tuxmat. So I did some researches on Tuxmat and given Costco's return policy, I have decided to give it a try. Overall I am very impressed and here is my review below:

Price: Phantom is 219.99 CAD on Costco.ca Tuxmat website is 276.30 CAD current on sale for 248.50 CAD.

Shipping: ultra-fast. Ordered it on 17th noonish and got it on 18th noon. This could be because I live 180km from their warehouse.

Make: Phantom and Tuxmat are indeed identical. The metal label on the mat says Phantom but the tables at the back of the mat clearly says Tuxmat and the indentations on the anchors read Tuxmat as well.

Quality: Feels very high quality. All details are very well crafted. I do not think the rebranding compromises the quality at all. So all the reviews for Tuxmat on Youtube are applicable.

Improvements: on Youtube there are two common complaints 1. deshaped back row from folding and 2. clips doesn't work on the console side for the front rows. This Phantom mat I got clearly resolves those two issue 1. the back row mat is rolled in the box instead of folded and 2. they have included six velcro anchors (not the round velcro tapes you see in some YouTube video). The anchors are two pieces. The back piece is taped onto the car's carpet but in fact I find the back piece is completely unnecessary. The anchor without the back piece sticks onto the car's carpet just like how the original liners do. Moreover, they have also included 2 half sized clips for the places where there is not enough space behind the plastic trimming, such as door frame.

Fitting: Front fits extremely well. Back can be improved a bit around the seat rails. Overall very well despite the minor room for improvement. Took 6 regular sized clips for the back row mat. 2 velcro anchors + 2 regular sized clips for the driver side. 3 velcro anchos + 2 regular sized clips for the passenger side. Many spares clips left.

Installation: it took me some time for the first time installation. Mainly due to finding the best spot for the clip and it is pretty hard to get the clips on to the mats. The clips slide behind the plastic trimming very easily so it is super easy for removal and reinstall in the future. One thing to mention is that the mat comes with a carpet anchor with a metal spike for the driver side. I am supposed to poke the metal spike into the car carpet in the mid of the ground (many YouTubers show how). However, I refused to have any sort of non reversible modification on my M3 so I install the driver side without using the floor anchor at all. My mat fits so well that it doesn't move a bit without the anchor. So if you are like me, this mat will work.

Look: Some YouTuber feel the look of Tuxmat/Phantom does not match M3's ultra simple aesthetic. I personally think the internal of M3 is not only simple but also cheap. To me the mats added the luxury feeling that I am looking for.

Durability: Videos on Youtube praises the durability of Tuxmat. A lot of owner (not all M3) shows how washable Tuxmat is and how it looks brand new after a good pressure wash. I won't know till spring but it is from Costco so in the worst case the cost is a trip to the warehouse.

Costco.ca also carries 3D Maxpider. 3D Maxpider goes on sale roughly twice a year but haven't seen this Tuxmat/Phantom go on sale.
As a fellow Canadian (well, partly ) thanks for the detailed review. I ordered the 3D Maxpiders from Costco today, but mau change my mind and get the Phantom instead. Can you post some pictures please?

Thanks.

Moderator note: one post that contained Taptes hashtags has been removed. See post #261 upthread.

Anyone who wants to post a review of or comments about their Taptes mats is welcome to do so. But posts saying essentially “I ordered/bought some Taptes mats” and then includes a string of hashtags or links will be removed.

Thank you for your cooperation.

+1 for 3D Maxpider. For those who don't like the glaring logo, a couple swipes with a black Sharpie tones it down significantly.

Only gripe I have is that the fibers on the bottom that grip the stock floor are SHARP! Wear gloves when installing so you don't get stabbed.

Be placing my 2020 M3 order soon. I'm a little confused with the dead pedal and seat railing change talk. If I order model 3 mats are they going to fit? If not, have any mats been verified to fit the 2020 M3? Any info on that, if anyone can provide,, will be much appreciated.

Be placing my 2020 M3 order soon. I'm a little confused with the dead pedal and seat railing change talk. If I order model 3 mats are they going to fit? If not, have any mats been verified to fit the 2020 M3? Any info on that, if anyone can provide,, will be much appreciated.
I have a 2020 Model 3 that came with these mats which includes the extension for the dead pedal. I ordered Coco Mats and they didn't come with the extension although I think they would've made the change with a special order. I just think it's lame Tesla decided to do away with the pedal in the first place.

Attachments

• Mats.jpg
    Mats.jpg
    593.9 KB · Views: 181
I have a 2020 Model 3 that came with these mats which includes the extension for the dead pedal. I ordered Coco Mats and they didn't come with the extension although I think they would've made the change with a special order. I just think it's lame Tesla decided to do away with the pedal in the first place.

Interesting, I didn't think you got any floor mats at all. I am from Utah, I wonder if they will be providing anything? My guess is even if they do, they won't provide more expensive all weathers. Which is why I am now wondering amongst all theses after markets brands like maxspider and taptes, if any have been modified to fit the M3 interior changes.