Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently purchased front only floor mats from eBay, they are carpet mats with a rubber backing and have the Tesla name on them They fit well, are thick and comfortable, I never have any back passengers, and only needed the front mats. They cost 49.90 for the pair, are made by Four Green, in Korea, and are a genuine good buy.The only minor problem I see is they are listed as black, and the color is actually a very dark grey, they look very good however and hold in place and do not slip.

Pics?

I bought this velour set from Amazon. Front and rear for $50

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V4SJDM1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71WSZA1NHeL._SL1300_.jpg

Quality looks and feels very premium. Cheaper and nicer than Tesla's OEM velour mats

I received my mats after a couple of weeks due to the shipping from China. They seem to be well made, which I was a little skeptical about when I received the since they seemed a little thin. The passenger mat did not fit well on the door side. Rubs against the plastic under the dash which I worry will wear / scratch the plastic. other than that they fit well, seem very water proof, and have grip. I have had other all weather mats in trucks and things which I did like better though since they were thicker and seemed more heavy duty.

It seems MaxPider got their hands on some TapTes floor mats for what it's worth.

For the record, at $99 the differences don't matter that much probably.

The only thing I worry is the texture for safety. The MaxPider mats have a rubber surface texture so your heels don't slip. It seems the TapTes mats don't have that.

If the price goes to $130 then no, not when MaxPider mats are $160 at AutoAnything.com

Just a shame you have to spam public forums to get the $99.

3D MAXpider KAGU Floor Mats vs Imitation Floor Mats : 3DMAXpider

• Disagree
Reactions: chilman408
It seems MaxPider got their hands on some TapTes floor mats for what it's worth.

For the record, at $99 the differences don't matter that much probably.

The only thing I worry is the texture for safety. The MaxPider mats have a rubber surface texture so your heels don't slip. It seems the TapTes mats don't have that.

If the price goes to $130 then no, not when MaxPider mats are $160 at AutoAnything.com

Just a shame you have to spam public forums to get the $99.

3D MAXpider KAGU Floor Mats vs Imitation Floor Mats : 3DMAXpider

The differences in the link is inconsequential.

People just want a no logo option.

I put my Taptes order back on 10/27 and still not received the floor mats. Is there anyone else in the U.S. experiencing a similarly long delivery time? I understand that they ship from China but 1 month is too long even for China to U.S delivery, right? When I contacted Taptes, they said shipping is slow because of the holidays. Had I known it was going to take a month or longer, I would probably have gone with a different option. Just fyi if anyone is planning on ordering them, you would wait for a long time for your mats to arrive...

I put my Taptes order back on 10/27 and still not received the floor mats. Is there anyone else in the U.S. experiencing a similarly long delivery time? I understand that they ship from China but 1 month is too long even for China to U.S delivery, right? When I contacted Taptes, they said shipping is slow because of the holidays. Had I known it was going to take a month or longer, I would probably have gone with a different option. Just fyi if anyone is planning on ordering them, you would wait for a long time for your mats to arrive...

Definitely something wrong there. I ordered mine on 11/8, had them 10 days later. Have you gotten a shipping notification?

WARNING. These mats are trash! When I got them, the front mats were squished like a pancake so i had to mold them myself into the foot wells causing some unsightly creases. They are thin and very cheap feeling and now I feel ripped off paying $130 for them as I was expecting similar quality to the MaxPider mats.

Reactions: mnml

I ordered mine around the same time, same problem, same canned response by TapTes. They finally fessed up saying that it was returned (my guess is that it never shipped, or they forgot to). They offered to re-send it (taking 2-3 days between responses, by the way), and after I asked them to send it expedited, they said I would have to pay extra. Told them to just cancel the order. Sounds like I lucked out as the quality of the mats doesn't sound promising. I'll be passing on TapTes products from now on, their service is awful and all of their products are readily available from other vendors that all use the same manufacturers anyway. I'll just wait until 3D Maxpiders come out with mats without that hideous logo.

These fools buying TapTes mats to spam forums are getting ripped off for garbage.

They're $32 on Alibaba.

3d All Weather Car Floor Mat For Tesla Model 3 - Buy 3d Car Floor Mat,All Weather Car Mat,Car Mat For Tesla Model 3 Product on Alibaba.com

I am one of those fools who got it for $99 but the link you shared shows $32 if you are buying 100 or more of them. Plus doesn't say anything about shipping cost...

I have just received mine after almost a month-long wait and they are not bad at all. Seem to have decent quality, good coverage, and no logos on them.

I am one of those fools who got it for $99 but the link you shared shows $32 if you are buying 100 or more of them. Plus doesn't say anything about shipping cost...

I have just received mine after almost a month-long wait and they are not bad at all. Seem to have decent quality, good coverage, and no logos on them.
Shipping containers are $1000 for a 20x10 and $1500 for a 40x10 from China.

You could easily stuff 500-1000 of these in a shipping container so that adds like $1-2

Not saying anyone could realistically order these themselves but illustrating the margins TapTes is making for a thirty-dollar item.

Got my mats today and thought I’d add some pics for those questioning these.

Overall they seem like they will perform well. They have small rubber nibs on the back, corners are nice and smooth and they are 5mm thick. They fit very tightly and require some pushing to get into place.

Only con is they aren’t a true black. The look a little more grey which you can see in the pic. For the $$$ difference I think they’ll work just fine.

Attachments

• DA7CADE1-C7CB-4545-8734-035E1CD2E9F0.jpeg
    DA7CADE1-C7CB-4545-8734-035E1CD2E9F0.jpeg
    520.2 KB · Views: 205
  • 22F93060-17FF-4842-8D94-D270899AE490.jpeg
    22F93060-17FF-4842-8D94-D270899AE490.jpeg
    700.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 509977AB-6B7E-4F97-9B4E-7DE195010B87.jpeg
    509977AB-6B7E-4F97-9B4E-7DE195010B87.jpeg
    413.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 93342B25-CDBE-404F-B83B-18D8E62AB5CC.jpeg
    93342B25-CDBE-404F-B83B-18D8E62AB5CC.jpeg
    942.7 KB · Views: 159
  • AEAD8837-9CE7-4F95-A578-34814D9FD2EF.jpeg
    AEAD8837-9CE7-4F95-A578-34814D9FD2EF.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 175
  • AC117D9C-ABE9-4896-AD60-BF6AA69B9A05.jpeg
    AC117D9C-ABE9-4896-AD60-BF6AA69B9A05.jpeg
    727.8 KB · Views: 154
Reactions: chilman408
Got my mats today and thought I’d add some pics for those questioning these.

Overall they seem like they will perform well. They have small rubber nibs on the back, corners are nice and smooth and they are 5mm thick. They fit very tightly and require some pushing to get into place.

Only con is they aren’t a true black. The look a little more grey which you can see in the pic. For the $$$ difference I think they’ll work just fine.

Looks good!

Even if it is true that quality is not on par with 3DS, I'd rather pay twice to have the no logo look.

But it doesn't look to me like there is quality issue...