Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesmanian floor mats in 2020 M3

I was looking to buy the Taptes too, but since the comments aren't the best in this forum decided to buy the Tesmanian one.
Price is around $110 with tax after 20% discount, and even though I am not a fan of the logo, I figured i can live with it if it offers protection.

The rear piece comes rolled up, so I laid down all the mats in the floor and put some weights in any areas that were not flat overnight.
Today the mats were installed, and let me say the fit is pretty good.
The material is not too thin so it seems like it will hold up, and it covers most of the floor area very well.
Haven't used them much yet. They seem like they might get dirty easily but they can be cleaned easily.

Anyway, pictures are better so ...

20200118_122627.jpg
20200118_122637.jpg
20200118_122703.jpg
20200118_122001.jpg
20200118_122012.jpg
20200118_122023.jpg
20200118_123418.jpg
20200118_123429.jpg
20200118_123433.jpg
20200118_123440.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: malou
Is there any other option that's been "approved" for 2020? I am taking delivery of mine this week. I am in Canada, so looks like we only limited to something from Amazon or the bigger brands like tuxmat/weathertech which didn't seem to have updated either.

Thanks!

Is there any other option that's been "approved" for 2020? I am taking delivery of mine this week. I am in Canada, so looks like we only limited to something from Amazon or the bigger brands like tuxmat/weathertech which didn't seem to have updated either.

Thanks!
What do you mean? I see Tuxmat has "2020 Model 3" listed on their site. You can even buy them from Costco (known as Phantom) at a slightly cheaper price. They ship from Tuxmat's warehouse and even have the Tuxmat logo all over them.

What do you mean? I see Tuxmat has "2020 Model 3" listed on their site. You can even buy them from Costco (known as Phantom) at a slightly cheaper price. They ship from Tuxmat's warehouse and even have the Tuxmat logo all over them.

Thanks, I saw that too. However if you look at the part number that came out from their configurator on Phantom's site, 2020 and 2019 shares the same part number which leads me to think that it wasn't made "for" 2020:

Make :Tesla
Model :Model 3
Year :2019
Part No :456

Year :2020

Same SKU with Tuxmat.

Thanks, I saw that too. However if you look at the part number that came out from their configurator on Phantom's site, 2020 and 2019 shares the same part number which leads me to think that it wasn't made "for" 2020:

Year :2019

Year :2020

Same SKU with Tuxmat.

Maybe I am out of the loop but is there anything online (a post here maybe) which confirms that 2020 interior is indeed different from 2019 such that floor mats etc need an updated design? All I was aware of was that Tesla got rid of the plastic deadpedal and now its just carpet?

Maybe I am out of the loop but is there anything online (a post here maybe) which confirms that 2020 interior is indeed different from 2019 such that floor mats etc need an updated design? All I was aware of was that Tesla got rid of the plastic deadpedal and now its just carpet?
The deadpedal was removed from the front but otherwise are the same. The rear seat brackets were moved forward about an inch or so:
2020 model year 3D Maxpider.

I did one of those stupid Taptes hashtag posts to get $30 off my order. My original post got deleted, thankfully. Sorry to the mods for not following the rules.

After I posted it, I started seeing some posts on here about the company not being super reputable, which made me nervous for my order. I actually ended up receiving them super quick and they have been working very well in this Minnesota winter. There are some fit issues, but nothing super egregious. I've been happy with the quality so far - give it maybe a 7 out of 10.

I also bought the less expensive version directly from the Tesla website, but those don't have sidewalls that keep water and slush contained. Will switch to those once the snow is gone, because I think they look nicer and say "Tesla" on them.

However, I ordered like 5 other things from Taptes and still haven't seen them, one month later. No shipping updates, nothing. Just reached out to them again yesterday to see what's up. So in summation, taptes mats ended up working well, but as a whole, i'm not impressed with their company and likely won't order anything from them again.

• Helpful
Reactions: ICON
Does anybody using TAPTES 3D mats know if the mat is slippery on the surface. I am not asking about the bottom of the mat which comes in contact with the car floor. I am asking about the top surface where it comes in contact with the shoe. When the foot is on the accelerator does the heel / shoe slip?

I asked this question like 3x and no one ever confirmed but I bought them anyways. No, they're not slippery when wet, but they are less grabby than say, the other rubber mats I posted. But I wouldn't say they are grippy or grabby. The surface lends itself to allow your shoes to glide over them more easily than other rubber surfaces. Does that make sense?

• Helpful
Reactions: ICON