Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on the same boat as you, below are the following reasons I didn't change my orders:

1. In Mass, there is a EV Rebate for $3,500 but the price limit is $55K, so anything over, you cannot claim the credit.
  2. Larger wheels - even though they look good, I don't want them because they have low profile tires. In the past, I have had other cars with 21in rims and it was SO easy to pop a tire in winter on a bad pothole. I recall, I went through 3 tires in a span of 3 years due to tires ripping.
  3. Also, due to the torque, the tires spin faster, obviously and they destroy the tires a lot faster and the need to replace the tires will be quite often.
  4. The suspension is a lot more stiffer than the MYLR. It is sportier and responsive and I don't think I want that on a daily basis.

So due to all of the reasons above, I stuck with the MYLR.

Additionally, you can purchase the acceleration boost to increase the speed by half a second if you really want to after the fact.

Reactions: KangThe
tesla offered me an offer that was way lower than carmax and the local toyota dealership that is down the street from my house. I have decided to sell it back to toyota because they offered me 40k for my car and i only bought it for 30k and i only owe 18k on it. The 4runner is a hot commodity in my area and the dealership has only 1 other 4runner on the lot so thats probably they are willing to pay that much. I just need to get the vin # so i can time everything right. this waiting game sucks !!!!!
Nice that’s a great deal! I have a 18 Toyota I got in 19 w/ 709 miles from private party. Including oil changes wipers and inspection I will make $48. After trade in. Drove it for free for 4 years! I bought it with cash.

Are you sure it’s matrix? I haven’t seen any confirmed Austin builds have matrix until now.
I got my VIN today (2/6) and pinged my SA asking when it was built and if it had Matrix lights. It’s an Austin build. He said it was built yesterday 2/5 and it has Matrix lights. I’ll find out next Tuesday when I pick it up! Maybe they are caught up now? FYI, I ordered on 1/15 (MYLR, Blue/Black, 19” no tow).

I got my VIN today (2/6) and pinged my SA asking when it was built and if it had Matrix lights. It’s an Austin build. He said it was built yesterday 2/5 and it has Matrix lights. I’ll find out next Tuesday when I pick it up! Maybe they are caught up now? FYI, I ordered on 1/15 (MYLR, Blue/Black, 19” no tow).
I ordered the same day aswell, similiar configuration but with white exterior. I recieved my vin yesterday with the car built in Austin. I'm curious also to see whether my car has the matrix headlights. I'll give my SA a call today.

So we are almost at the 4 week mark since Tesla decreased prices and it seems on average they have fulfilled 3 days worth of orders so far (13-15). And a lot of those are still in process of being filled (VIN assigned but not delivered yet).

This will be interesting to see how many Tesla cannot fulfil by EOQ (for those that had original and current EDDs that fall before April). Despite Musk saying he wanted to end EOQ rush, I think he has set himself up for one of the craziest EOQ rushes to date come end of March. I feel for those that will end up being a part of that...QC is likely to take a big hit as it usually does at EOQ....this time probably even more so.

Reactions: DKS37