Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we are almost at the 4 week mark since Tesla decreased prices and it seems on average they have fulfilled 3 days worth of orders so far (13-15). And a lot of those are still in process of being filled (VIN assigned but not delivered yet).

This will be interesting to see how many Tesla cannot fulfil by EOQ (for those that had original and current EDDs that fall before April). Despite Musk saying he wanted to end EOQ rush, I think he has set himself up for one of the craziest EOQ rushes to date come end of March. I feel for those that will end up being a part of that...QC is likely to take a big hit as it usually does at EOQ....this time probably even more so.
I wonder if it will be when like in 2018 where Tesla stores stayed open until midnight on NYE delivery cars for the full $7,500 credit (for Tesla to then reduce prices by $4k a few weeks later)? I remember being with a friend taking delivery at 11:50 pm Eastern.

Reactions: ev4robert
In your professional opinion, is it worth bothering with PPF for Tesla, especially given your suspicions that PPF removal might anyhow damage the underlying paint.
It is if you care about your car, don’t plan on changing the color and will keep it for a long time. It will payoff by you not needing to repaint the bumper every 5 years and keep the car looking “brand new”. Also I’ve seen a fair share of PPF helping out with scuffs, starches and dents. All of the damage was absorbed by the film so it didn’t take off any paint. Those instances make PPF well worth it. You just have to know what kind of a person you are lol

Ordered 1/20–LR/white/black/19.

Still showing 3/12-31 EDD.

Based on what y’all have seen, should I expect additional delays if I switch to MSM today?

Thx
Yes, MSM seems to be more rare than white. I ordered on 1/14 and have yet picked a delivery date. However, my advice is get what you want. Nothing worse than paying that much for a car only to regret the color!

• Helpful
Reactions: Cyclone and chobra
Yes, I have a scheduled pickup date of 2/13. Has anyone from MN picked up their Y yet? I've been hearing that Y's in MN are getting mudflaps and the rear PPF. Debating on getting mudflaps before picking up.
Congrats! I have not heard anyone here with mudflaps info yet. I see 4 others on this thread that from MN and ND (who will pick up from MN).

Did you call the pickup store to see if they can confirm the mudflaps? If they don't include it as pre-delivery prep, how much will they charge if you want them at the delivery?

Yes, MSM seems to be more rare than white. I ordered on 1/14 and have yet picked a delivery date. However, my advice is get what you want. Nothing worse than paying that much for a car only to regret the color!
I agree with this! I wanted a PW MY and husband wanted MSM, so we ended up with MSM. Now we are on our way to pick up a PW MY… he should have just listened to his wife 😂

I ordered the same day aswell, similiar configuration but with white exterior. I recieved my vin yesterday with the car built in Austin. I'm curious also to see whether my car has the matrix headlights. I'll give my SA a call today.
I called my local Tesla dealerahip and the SA told me he couldn't find out whether my car has the matrix headlights. I asked him to see if he can pull up the build sheet and he said he doesn't have access to that information. He was either lazy, a newbie to Tesla or coming off smoking some stuff. Either way, I'll call back later to see if I have better success with another SA.

I called my local Tesla dealerahip and the SA told me he couldn't find out whether my car has the matrix headlights. I asked him to see if he can pull up the build sheet and he said he doesn't have access to that information. He was either lazy, a newbie to Tesla or coming off smoking some stuff. Either way, I'll call back later to see if I have better success with another SA.
I think the build sheet may say something like "global headlights" or "premium headlights". Global = matrix, Premium = non-matrix