Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone have any luck getting deposit refunded because delivery estimate moved unreasonably far? I'm ready to call it quits... OD 1/20, edd now april 10 to may 15 with no other info or response from sa. No vin. Don't want to play Musk games.
Hold on. Have faith. My OD was mid Jan as well. Just received a VIN. I'm sure yours will happen soon now as well.

Anyone successful with securing an inventory vehicle by transferring it to an existing reservation in order to keep the reduced price from January? Not having any luck with SA.
Went to ask an SA at the Tesla location to move the car I purchased from inventory, with VIN assigned and delivery scheduled for 3/27 to the original order from 1/27. She changed the config and released the vehicle. So had to cancel the order…They put in a request to transfer my $250 deposit, but I loss the vehicle that could have secured the tax credit. Here’s to hoping the credit will go past March. Sigh…

Just got the scheduling text this morning and set the pick up date on 3/23 (Thursday)!

After setting the pick up, I switched the cash payment to financing in the Tesla App with just few clicks. I use Affinity Plus which is in the Tesla financing drop down list with the correct address info.

The wait is almost over.
Got another text message from the SA (510 number) asking me to confirm the order information. This includes the financing option I chose. It specifically says that the j1772 adapter is the only thing included with the car.

I don't have a level 2 charger at home and don't plan on getting one soon. I am going to use my Chevy Bolt's charger with the J1772 adapter for occasional charging. My plan is to charge mostly at a nearby free level 2 charger. If needed, I will use the supercharger in my area for a quick jump. I will consider getting a Tesla mobile charger in the future but it is not my priority now.

Reactions: Tcorn
MYP Black/White
OD: 01/30
EDD1: FEB-MAR
EDD2: 03/07 - 03/21
EDD3: 03/15 - 03/28
EDD4: 03/16 - 03/28
EDD5: 03/17 - 03/28
EDD6: 04/08 - 05/13
NO VIN

Tired of push-outs.. Very bad planning and 0 communication...
Your OD is not too far from mine. The color (expecially the interior) might be a factor comparing to others who ordered on the same day as you. Towards the end of the quarter, things will change very quickly as they might get more deliveries done near the factory. Oregon is close to Fremont after all.

It may be pushed back into the end of March again. Just keep the hope up.

79415452-448B-409A-AC68-065EA9D10721.jpeg

Maybe your MY is on its way from Fremont, lol

I don't even know where to start but here goes. Apologies for the length but I am frustrated and disappointed right now.

I picked up my MYLR Blue/Black/19/Tow in Springfield NJ. I had the last slot offered for the day at 3PM and there were still a lot of cars there to be picked up and the place was packed with customers. Total chaos.
So I am told to go find my car and that it will be unlocked and the paperwork is inside. I can check it out then I need to sign the paperwork for the trade in and bring it back in. They also give me a screwdriver to remove the plates off my trade in (2018 model 3). So upon my inspection it seems everything is ok. One gap between the back door and the fender that I am sure some people here would not like but I would never have noticed it if it were not for all the discussions on the forums. Anyway, I am good to take the car. I sign the stuff and go back in with it. The Tesla employee takes the docs and just looks for signatures. Once he sees signatures he tells me I am good to leave. I told him I could not accept delivery in the app and he says that the staff there will be taking care of that in an hour and I just need to wait an hour and the car will be in my app. So I leave.

Now mind you they never asked what my name was or for any ID. Any human could have just walked up to any car there and driven away with it. The keys were in all of them and they were unlocked.

So we stopped to eat on the way home and coming back outside after eating I see the screen is on and the climate is on. I also then of course remember I left the keycard on the spot to activate it for driving. OOPS! So I did not think that much of it because I figured the key being there is probably what kept things active (on my 3 I never used the keycards and only used the phone but I could not do that in this case because the car was not in my app yet except as an order). While eating I got the notification that my car was in the app and I looked to see the Model 3 was gone and the Y was now there ready to go. So I set up the phone key and drive home. Upon getting home we get out of the car and I am noticing that the walk away locking is not working. I figure that is the only issue and am prepared to start looking into that and I notice the app is telling me that the climate is on and music is playing. Odd. So I make another drive in the car and after coming home I am now looking closer. I see that getting out of the car the mirrors are not folding, the screen is not going off and the climate and music stay on. I have read other threads about possible seat sensor issues so I go to check out the passenger seat and notice I cannot open the door from the outside even though it is unlocked in the app. 3 of the 4 doors cannot be opened. I go in the driver door and press the button to open the passenger door from the inside and after 2 presses it opens. I can do the same on the other doors (2 presses from inside). After opening them that way I can close and open them just fine. These tests were done with both keycards and my phone in the house. So I go and take another ride. During the ride (by myself) I notice the passenger airbag is off so I do not think the passenger seat is being sensed incorrectly. I get home and start trying to test. I unbuckle and lift my butt up and the seat belt warning goes out so I think the sensor there is fine too. But upon repeated tests getting in and out of the car I am getting inconsistent results about the seat belt warning when I am in the seat or out of the seat. Something may be wrong there. On top of that the other 3 doors cannot be opened from the outside again. I opened the back driver side door with 2 presses of the inside button again. The first press illuminated the brake lights. The second press opened the door. This is with the mobile app and the touchscreen in the car saying the car is unlocked.

So I have done my best to write this stuff into a service request on the app but of course it is telling me it is 2 weeks before an appointment is available. If anyone can educate me on the door lock stuff I would appreciate it as maybe I am missing something that may be different on this Y than was on my 2018 model 3. The issue where the car is leaving everything on after exit and the walk away lock is not working seems indicative of a real problem.

I am just very disappointed right now and a bit annoyed. The lack of quality control here seems mindblowing.

And just as I am finishing writing this I hear the car beep in the garage and I hear the mirrors fold. I guess it timed out and realized the phone key is not near? Ugh. What should have been such a happy day turned out to be kinda lousy.

I don't even know where to start but here goes. Apologies for the length but I am frustrated and disappointed right now.

I picked up my MYLR Blue/Black/19/Tow in Springfield NJ. I had the last slot offered for the day at 3PM and there were still a lot of cars there to be picked up and the place was packed with customers. Total chaos.
So I am told to go find my car and that it will be unlocked and the paperwork is inside. I can check it out then I need to sign the paperwork for the trade in and bring it back in. They also give me a screwdriver to remove the plates off my trade in (2018 model 3). So upon my inspection it seems everything is ok. One gap between the back door and the fender that I am sure some people here would not like but I would never have noticed it if it were not for all the discussions on the forums. Anyway, I am good to take the car. I sign the stuff and go back in with it. The Tesla employee takes the docs and just looks for signatures. Once he sees signatures he tells me I am good to leave. I told him I could not accept delivery in the app and he says that the staff there will be taking care of that in an hour and I just need to wait an hour and the car will be in my app. So I leave.

Now mind you they never asked what my name was or for any ID. Any human could have just walked up to any car there and driven away with it. The keys were in all of them and they were unlocked.

So we stopped to eat on the way home and coming back outside after eating I see the screen is on and the climate is on. I also then of course remember I left the keycard on the spot to activate it for driving. OOPS! So I did not think that much of it because I figured the key being there is probably what kept things active (on my 3 I never used the keycards and only used the phone but I could not do that in this case because the car was not in my app yet except as an order). While eating I got the notification that my car was in the app and I looked to see the Model 3 was gone and the Y was now there ready to go. So I set up the phone key and drive home. Upon getting home we get out of the car and I am noticing that the walk away locking is not working. I figure that is the only issue and am prepared to start looking into that and I notice the app is telling me that the climate is on and music is playing. Odd. So I make another drive in the car and after coming home I am now looking closer. I see that getting out of the car the mirrors are not folding, the screen is not going off and the climate and music stay on. I have read other threads about possible seat sensor issues so I go to check out the passenger seat and notice I cannot open the door from the outside even though it is unlocked in the app. 3 of the 4 doors cannot be opened. I go in the driver door and press the button to open the passenger door from the inside and after 2 presses it opens. I can do the same on the other doors (2 presses from inside). After opening them that way I can close and open them just fine. These tests were done with both keycards and my phone in the house. So I go and take another ride. During the ride (by myself) I notice the passenger airbag is off so I do not think the passenger seat is being sensed incorrectly. I get home and start trying to test. I unbuckle and lift my butt up and the seat belt warning goes out so I think the sensor there is fine too. But upon repeated tests getting in and out of the car I am getting inconsistent results about the seat belt warning when I am in the seat or out of the seat. Something may be wrong there. On top of that the other 3 doors cannot be opened from the outside again. I opened the back driver side door with 2 presses of the inside button again. The first press illuminated the brake lights. The second press opened the door. This is with the mobile app and the touchscreen in the car saying the car is unlocked.

So I have done my best to write this stuff into a service request on the app but of course it is telling me it is 2 weeks before an appointment is available. If anyone can educate me on the door lock stuff I would appreciate it as maybe I am missing something that may be different on this Y than was on my 2018 model 3. The issue where the car is leaving everything on after exit and the walk away lock is not working seems indicative of a real problem.

I am just very disappointed right now and a bit annoyed. The lack of quality control here seems mindblowing.

And just as I am finishing writing this I hear the car beep in the garage and I hear the mirrors fold. I guess it timed out and realized the phone key is not near? Ugh. What should have been such a happy day turned out to be kinda lousy.
That's very disappointing to hear! 😢

Were you experiencing some of these issues (i.e. some doors not opening) before you drove it home? Also, have you tried to see what happens when you manually press "Lock" using the Tesla app (to see if the screen and everything inside car turn off)? Finally, have you tried rebooting your car to see if it's something up with the software causing big issues with the car?

I picked up my MYLR from Paramus, NJ. I didn't do any trade-in or financing so my process was mainly completing the steps through the Tesla app and then paying the amount due via Plaid by linking my bank account.

When I was trying to connect to the car from the Tesla app after accepting delivery, it wasn't connecting to the car and kept showing a spinning wheel animation for several minutes. After about 15 minutes, it finally connected so I was able to unlock the car, access key cards + set up multiple phone accesses, and then didn't have any issues again afterwards.

I have NOT experienced any issues you have mentioned. However, I recently started getting a "front passenger safety restrain system fault" error every single drive (after research, it looks like a seat sensor issue as well) so I scheduled a service appointment and that will hopefully be fixed in the next few weeks. I think the best and only thing you can do is wait for that Tesla service appointment (make sure you LOG ALL THAT YOU CAN). I would probably keep doing more research/testing on what you're experiencing to see if you can narrow down the potential problem.

• Helpful
Reactions: erktrek
Your OD is not too far from mine. The color (expecially the interior) might be a factor comparing to others who ordered on the same day as you. Towards the end of the quarter, things will change very quickly as they might get more deliveries done near the factory. Oregon is close to Fremont after all.

It may be pushed back into the end of March again. Just keep the hope up.
i hope so for both of us. it doesn't make sense if you order now EDD says March-April and mine is pushed to May...:mad:

Try rebooting the car, hopefully this helps.