Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try rebooting the car, hopefully this helps.
That's very disappointing to hear! 😢

Were you experiencing some of these issues (i.e. some doors not opening) before you drove it home? Also, have you tried to see what happens when you manually press "Lock" using the Tesla app (to see if the screen and everything inside car turn off)? Finally, have you tried rebooting your car to see if it's something up with the software causing big issues with the car?

I picked up my MYLR from Paramus, NJ. I didn't do any trade-in or financing so my process was mainly completing the steps through the Tesla app and then paying the amount due via Plaid by linking my bank account.

When I was trying to connect to the car from the Tesla app after accepting delivery, it wasn't connecting to the car and kept showing a spinning wheel animation for several minutes. After about 15 minutes, it finally connected so I was able to unlock the car, access key cards + set up multiple phone accesses, and then didn't have any issues again afterwards.

I have NOT experienced any issues you have mentioned. However, I recently started getting a "front passenger safety restrain system fault" error every single drive (after research, it looks like a seat sensor issue as well) so I scheduled a service appointment and that will hopefully be fixed in the next few weeks. I think the best and only thing you can do is wait for that Tesla service appointment (make sure you LOG ALL THAT YOU CAN). I would probably keep doing more research/testing on what you're experiencing to see if you can narrow down the potential problem.

Thank you for the replies.

I have rebooted using the two buttons on the steering wheel multiple times. I also powered off the car through the safety menu and sat very still for about 6 minutes before touching the brake pedal again. No change in behavior.

I did not experience the door issue before driving it home but I only opened each back door one time at pickup.

What makes it even more annoying is the first service appt is 12 days out and upon waking up today I notice the battery drained 5 miles overnight. Clearly it is not sleeping properly due to this issue.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
Tesla's EDD and constant postponing of dates is frustrating. Just because I ordered a customized car doesn't mean I have to deal with crap. Tesla has been the worse company in estimating dates so far. I have my EDDs shift radically, "Scheduled" delivery postponed after a time and day assignment. They have NO freaking clue what they are doing. They can put something like a simple AirTag on a car and figure out where the damn car is. There is excellent tech to manage logistics nowadays.

Most of their order mismanagement stems from trying to be cute with maximizing profits as the expense of the customer.

TINA is only reason Tesla is able to get away with these shenanigans. Eventually competition will catch up and they will have to treat customers better or lose out.
Tinanormal.png

• Funny
Reactions: Tcorn and erktrek
Thank you for the replies.

I have rebooted using the two buttons on the steering wheel multiple times. I also powered off the car through the safety menu and sat very still for about 6 minutes before touching the brake pedal again. No change in behavior.

I did not experience the door issue before driving it home but I only opened each back door one time at pickup.

What makes it even more annoying is the first service appt is 12 days out and upon waking up today I notice the battery drained 5 miles overnight. Clearly it is not sleeping properly due to this issue.
Might not be related, because the issue also seems to be with locking/sleeping, but I believe there’s an unlock setting which only unlocks the driver door first and you have to press unlock again for the rest. Could verify that isn’t set.

Isn’t there also a “home” configuration where sentry mode turns off (while in your garage for instance) so it doesn’t drain the battery?

And this sounds ridiculous, but I’m just going to ask it because of your pickup story: are you sure that the car in your app is the one you are driving? Have you verified the vin? Like maybe you and another owner are controlling each others cars with the app 😳 can you drive it without the keycard?

Reactions: geekfam and BailMY
More crazy estimates. This ping ponging of dates is nuts.

I was hoping for a VIN since I was a day into the window, but I was greeted with a new EDD window instead.

I’m getting nothing fancy. But Blue!

Model Y LR5 Blue/Black/19s no other options

Rockville, Maryland

OD 1/25
EDD - 1/25 - Jan - March
EDD - 2/1 - March 12 - March 31
EDD - 2/14 - April 10 - May 22
EDD - 2/22 - April 2 - May 7
EDD - 3/7 - March 18 - March 31
EDD - 3/19 - April 20 - May 15

Might not be related, because the issue also seems to be with locking/sleeping, but I believe there’s an unlock setting which only unlocks the driver door first and you have to press unlock again for the rest. Could verify that isn’t set.

Isn’t there also a “home” configuration where sentry mode turns off (while in your garage for instance) so it doesn’t drain the battery?

And this sounds ridiculous, but I’m just going to ask it because of your pickup story: are you sure that the car in your app is the one you are driving? Have you verified the vin? Like maybe you and another owner are controlling each others cars with the app 😳 can you drive it without the keycard?
I also thought wrong car! I honestly was waiting for that as I read post.

Reactions: slyderz3

I was hoping for a VIN since I was a day into the window, but I was greeted with a new EDD window instead.

Rockville, Maryland

OD 1/25
EDD - 1/25 - Jan - March
Yep, mine literally just updated to 4/21-5/26. :(

Reactions: erktrek
i hope so for both of us. it doesn't make sense if you order now EDD says March-April and mine is pushed to May...:mad:
See my signature for my order info, I just scheduled my pick up for this Thursday. Hopefully that holds..

I recommend you to include your order info in your signature as well so that others know more about your post. Click your profile and settings to modify signature.

Rockville, Maryland

OD 1/25
EDD - 1/25 - Jan - March
I fear the same fate.

I think Tesla barely is managing the delivery of the huge orders it received in the first 10 days for MYLR since the price cut. Unless you pivoted to MYP or existing MYAWD or 20" or accelerated delivery or convincing the local SA to assign a vehicle, you very likely won't receive the car 1Q 2023 if your order date is after Jan 22nd or so.

Those who chose Blue, Red exteriors or white interiors are pushed out even further.

If only Tesla had not been dishonest with EDD and estimating Jan-Mar during ordering even in Feb, there wouldn't have been as many disappointed buyers. Tesla only cared about getting the orders and not really fulfilling them by EOQ and keeping their initial promised EDD/estimate. Sadly, all buyers after Jan 22nd or so have been Musked :-(

If there wasn't the overhang of the discount (which Tesla advertised on every page of the order), we could have at least waited in peace.

Last edited:
I really hope IRS gives 30-60 days grace period after the NPRM release, so all you get the full rebate of 7500 if eligible. Keeping fingers crossed.

I don't know how is happened that I am trusting/hoping IRS to do the right thing and don't have any faith in Tesla/Musk making the right decisions for their buyers.