Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow you have my exact configuration ordered a day later. I just got pushed way out. Looks like east coast has a longer wait :(
I actually ordered 1/26 but they registered it as 1/27. I have noticed east coasters seem to take much longer as well as certain other places. We're about equidistant from Fremont & Austin, but mine came from Austin. We're actually from Maine and will be heading there for the summer in 6-7 weeks. Good luck getting yours soon. People on the AZ Tesla group on FB have noted seeing no less than 6 car carriers full of Teslas Eastbound on I-40. Keep the faith!

Reactions: LetsGoElectric
So a bit of a vent here. On 3/14/2023 when I placed my order from existing inventory with a “vehicle in transit” status I figured I was safe to receive delivery by end of month at the latest. Texting with Tesla today indicates the vehicle is still pinging in California (VIN indicates it’s manufactured in Freemont). When I asked how on earth an existing inventory vehicle wasn’t actually in transit and how this is being dishonest - I got the runaround and no good answer other than to say that their ETA is now 4/1/2023 - yet the app still says that same EDD range of 3/24-3/31. I’ve ordered vehicles in the past from other manufacturers and could actually track the vehicle location online and other manufacturers aren’t dishonest in this same fashion. Is this just a lack of experience/maturity on Teslas part as a manufacturer? Why overtly state a vehicle is in transit on 3/14/2023 when it hasn’t moved and is in point of fact not yet in transit? This doesn’t seem that hard an issue to communicate accurately about given other manufacturers have been doing this for years now. Am I alone in being a bit frustrated with these types of issues?
Tesla's scheduling is all crap.. I ordered mine on Jan 22nd. I still haven't received mine however my friend in same area who placed order after me got his 2 weeks ago

I actually ordered 1/26 but they registered it as 1/27. I have noticed east coasters seem to take much longer as well as certain other places. We're about equidistant from Fremont & Austin, but mine came from Austin. We're actually from Maine and will be heading there for the summer in 6-7 weeks. Good luck getting yours soon. People on the AZ Tesla group on FB have noted seeing no less than 6 car carriers full of Teslas Eastbound on I-40. Keep the faith!
Saw one on Highway 5, lol

Attachments

• 675E20EC-A3DD-4B3A-B12F-6A546A0795DC.jpeg
    675E20EC-A3DD-4B3A-B12F-6A546A0795DC.jpeg
    301.1 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: Mainuh
I went out of town for a week and everything went crazy…

I was contacted via text and told my MYLR might not make the transport in time and would possibly require me to drive 3 hours to a different location in order to pick it up or I’d forfeit the VIN. I also would need to pay for it before that time “in case” it was able to make the transport.
I stopped by my local service center to ask for more information and was told it definitely wouldn’t be making the transport. The app still showed my original pick up location and I wasn’t sure what to do. Thankfully, the local SA was very helpful and helped get everything straightened out. I still have to pick up in another state, but he got all of the dates finalized and provided me with a step by step process for payment, pickup, etc. He also sent me an email with a written note that they’ll wave the 24hr/100 mile initial quality check since I’ll blow right past that just getting home.

lastly, he explained the absurd transport path due to state laws and whatnot. My MYLR is from Austin. From there it’s sent to Taylor, TX to be loaded onto a train and sent to Chicago. From Chicago it’s sent to Kansas City. From Kansas City it was supposed to get on a truck to Des Moines, IA. Mine had to get to KC by the 18th in order to make the truck to Iowa. It wasn’t scheduled to arrive until the 21st. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

so I’ll be making the 3 hour trek to KC with a buddy and his 2020 MYLR.
i was provided a delivery date of 3/24 while out of town. So I should be picking up this Friday!

While the buying process is much easier than ICE vehicles, the delivery process in the problematic 16 states like mine is frustrating and difficult to say the least.

Anywho… just a few more days.

MYLR Red/Black/19 - no options
OD: 1/20
EDD 1: Jan-Mar
EDD 2: Mar 4-31
EDD 3: Mar 5-19 (updated Feb 22)
- trade in text (Feb 23)
- VIN to be assigned in 1-2 weeks text (Feb 26)
EDD 4: Mar 14-28 (updated Mar 6)
- VIN Assigned: Mar 7 (no text, only in app) PA084…
EDD 5: Mar 19-28
Delivery text: Mar 17
Delivery scheduled: Mar 24

Just when I was about to give up hope for a March delivery….opened the app (for the 100th time today) to find a VIN!

MYP White/White
OD: 2/6
EDD: 3/4-3/31
3/6 EDD: 3/31-5/5
3/12 EDD: 3/21-3/31
3/20 VIN received & delivery scheduled for 3/25
Arizona
VIN: PF739
Things move very quickly in AZ once the VIN is received. I'm picking my MYP from the Tesla SC - Raintree on 3/22. Congratulations!

Reactions: GoReedo and geekfam
Thought this info might be useful for those trying to figure out average dates and milestones:

MYLR Red/Black, no options
OD: 1/20

Order to VIN: 47 days
VIN to delivery: 17 days (if all goes well)
Order to delivery: 64 days
Build to delivery: 17 days

car was built on March 7th In Austin - the day I got the VIN.

Reactions: Mainuh and Mr_Joe
Just snagged a MYP off waiting for Tesla that matched my build. Only difference was a tow hitch which I kinda wanted to add anyways. Instant VIN assignment.

Only prob is it’s supposed to land in a SC about 45min away from me. There is a SC a few blocks away from my home (much closer). Has anyone had any luck asking for the vehicle to be shipped to a different SC in the same state? Vehicle is not yet in transit.

OD: 01/18 (actually 01/17 close to midnight)
LR W/B/19
EDD changed multiple times
03/19 - VIN assigned early Sunday morning, got message to select date from 03/20, 03/21, 03/22 for home delivery. Sent a text message to 510 number requesting to pick it up in person at the Fremont service center.
03/20 - Picked it up at 3pm.

Noticed three issues:
1. The trunk when closed, the lower left corner was not flushed with the body. It was a few millimeters deeper. It was easily noticeable.
2. The front driver side headlight was not flush with the front trunk. You can't tell with your eyes unless you put your hand and feel it.
3. The right side back door had a slightly larger gap with the body at one place. Very minor.

I went and checked like seven other Model Ys parked next to mine and all had the same issues. So, it is not specific to my car. Informed SA about it. She told me that these are known issues and passed quality control. For headlight (#2 above) she said you can open a ticket and get it checked if they can do anything about it. But the trunk (#1) which was off, she said there is not much they can do about it as that is the way it is for other cars as well.

Overall, I was happy about the support. The car was already unlocked and they told me where it was. I spent 30 mins checking everything before accepting delivery.

Drove MY for the first time today, it is great but I still like BMW X3 though. But this is for my wife who hates going to the gas station.

Immediately after coming home, I replaced the hub caps with the ones that I ordered online.

Attachments

• IMG_5173.JPG
    IMG_5173.JPG
    708.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5174.JPG
    IMG_5174.JPG
    630.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5175.JPG
    IMG_5175.JPG
    321.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5176.JPG
    IMG_5176.JPG
    395.1 KB · Views: 75
AT LAST !!!

OD 1/15/23
MYLR 5 WHT/Black / 19" Basic
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
01/17 - Approved Tesla (Wells Fargo) loan and done registration process
01/21 - Rcvd Wall charger
01/24 - Installed Wall charger
EDD2 - Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 - Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 - Mar 26 - Apr 15
EDD 5 - APR 15 - May 10
EDD 6 - APR 20 - May 25
Today: VIN Received (7SAY*****PF**)
EDD 7: Mar 20-Mar 27

AT LAST !!!

OD 1/15/23
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
EDD2 - Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 - Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 - Mar 26 - Apr 15
EDD 5 - APR 15 - May 10
EDD 6 - APR 20 - May 25
Good to see one going back into march from april. I suspect I'm due for my VIN anytime either way. (ordered 1/22)

Waiting on my 2nd delivery appt. On 24th. Apparently bunch of cars are stuck in Birmingham AL. Waiting for transport to CLT. Hopefully they will make it! Getting tired of this wait. Especially with IRS announcement looming around the corner.
Ah another rail car issue like me. Think my car is there as well, I was just given a third “Scheduled Delivery date”

Reactions: Mr_Joe
The site showed me different price; I have ordered white/black/LR/5 seats, now I saw black available, and want to get black, but it asked me to pay 3k more, instead of 1.5k more
This may be a dumb question, but are you modifying your order in your account? I did so several times, and my original base price did NOT change. Get in contact with a SA if you have any further issues with modifying your existing order.

Reactions: 455dan and Mr_Joe
AT LAST !!!

OD 1/15/23
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
EDD2 - Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 - Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 - Mar 26 - Apr 15
EDD 5 - APR 15 - May 10
EDD 6 - APR 20 - May 25
Happy for you Sam. Did you eventually end up going to the SC to have them help you with this? Looking at your new EDD, it's definitely a re-route as it takes at least 2 weeks to get from Fremont to Raleigh.

I was wondering from your username if you were from Maine! I grew up there actually; nice place! Should be a fun road trip heading there!

I feel like they probably just shoved a bunch of EDDs to random times in Q2, and hopefully will change to be sooner in early April. I can't imagine how the EDD could actually go from 0 to 2 weeks away to suddenly 1-2 months away, unless they're shutting down production or something.

Reactions: Mainuh and erktrek