Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Deep Blue Metallic MYLR/19" Gemini Wheels/ Black Premium Interior/Five Seat/Autopilot
OD: 1/18/2023 (4 pm CST)
Estimated Delivery: Jan - Mar 2023
- Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.

Would my new OD be today if I switched from MYLR to MYP on my original order? Or would my OD stay as the original 1/17?
Tesla treats a switch as if you had ordered on 1/17 still. Only if you were to switch to like a M3 or MX would it constitute a new order. Hundreds of people on here were switching from LR to P last year in order to get a car 6-9months earlier and they were all prioritized based on their original order date (to much angst of people who had ordered MYP from the get go at a later date).

Reactions: Ryan McHargue
As of today (Jan 23), my EDD is less than two weeks (Jan 23-Feb 1) but still no VIN. Any ideas? Where does the VIN show up? In the app, if so where in the app? In an email?

MYLR White/Black/19"/Tow hitch
OD: 1/14
OEDD: Jan 18-Jan 30
EDD: Jan 22-Jan 31 (as of Jan 22)
San Francisco Bay area

My EDD has been slipping a day at a time since Jan 18. And on Jan 21 the outside date began slipping. Anyone experiencing the same? Can anything be read into this?
Usually you should have a VIN when the range is less than 2 weeks.
You can try the searching source code trick. Open up your Manage my Order page in a web browser. Then depending on which browser you can bring up the source code of that page. If using Google Chrome just hit CTRL+U. Then hit CTRL+F and enter "7SAY". If it finds a result with a full VIN then that is your VIN.

I get 21 MPG, pay $3.00/gallon, and $0.10/kWh, but I only drive about 1,100 miles/month. Plus, insurance for a Model Y is double what I pay for a $45K truck. Maintenance is insignificant for me since I do all that myself. Historically, I've also tended to trade my primary vehicle once a year on average, but that was before the automotive market turned upside down over the last couple of years. The most economical, prudent, and financially astute vehicle for me would be a Prius and to keep it for15-20 years before towing it to the recycler, but that's not very exciting. ;)
nodding.

I had a M3 but sold it so I have a bit of experience with Tesla. When I saw that Tesla lowered the price plus the qualification of Fed tax credit, I put my down payment the next day (1/14). I knew it may be too late for Fed tax credit if you waited a few days. Now, I am deciding on whether to buy or cancel.

If I drove more, it would be a no brainer and definitely would buy despite some well placed concerns. Fun to drive and is the perfect size for me. But I would be lucky to put 6000 mile a year on the car. Question for me is... what will be the depreciation be in 5 years? It could be only a few thousand less than what I paid for it. Or, perhaps it drops like a stone. Who knows?

I get 21 MPG, pay $3.00/gallon, and $0.10/kWh, but I only drive about 1,100 miles/month. Plus, insurance for a Model Y is double what I pay for a $45K truck. Maintenance is insignificant for me since I do all that myself. Historically, I've also tended to trade my primary vehicle once a year on average, but that was before the automotive market turned upside down over the last couple of years. The most economical, prudent, and financially astute vehicle for me would be a Prius and to keep it for15-20 years before towing it to the recycler, but that's not very exciting. ;)
The amount of miles you drive is a significant factor in whether or not an EV today is worth it. The equivalent ICE variant of the same car is about $10-15k cheaper than the PHEV or EV version of it. You simply have to do the math and see if you drive enough miles to even get to that break even point. If you drive a ton, can charge at home majority of the time, will keep the car for 5+ years then EV today is a financially better choice for you

Reactions: WyoDude
I bet if you ran at the numbers, you'd be even better off with a Leaf or Bolt with the $7,500tax credit (currently). Even less exciting, perhaps...

Supercharger rates are now more expensive than my ICE vehicle. I still ordered one as most of my charging will be at home ($0.13/kwh off peak) but may use the ICE car for long trips instead. I still don't think I'm saving any money by getting the MY, but personally the safety and tech features sold me.

Ordered 1/16 PM
white all base options
EDD: 2/2 - 3/2
No VIN. I haven't seen anyone get a VIN from the 16th yet...
Located in Norcal
Are you able to check supercharger rates on a website or app anywhere? I am actually quite concerned about how much it will cost to supercharge since that’s my most viable option right now. If it’s more expensive than ICE I think I might hold off on the purchase. I’m in SoCal btw

Curious, looking at the Google Sheets of everyone’s order, wondering when my EDD will move from Jan-Mar 2023. Assuming I “completed profile” as it doesn’t have anything else for me to do, says they’ll let me know when to continue.

MSM/MYLR/Black Int/19”/TOW
OD: 1/19
EDD: Jan - Mar 2023

Just put my order OFF hold after being ON hold since December. Interesting to see when our EDD will be in a few days. No updates since this AM when we clicked “Resume Order”.

After the price cut and tax credit stuff got updated it just felt like the right time.

Sticking with our original order - White/White/19/no other options.
New member here.
Haven't made it through this thread yet but ordered identical to yours on the 18th.
Hope it makes the February or March window...

Just got my VIN assigned just a few mins ago!

For reference heres my order details:

MYLR/White/Black/19" (Base config)
Order Date: 01/13 4pm PT
Original EDD: 01/24 - 2/7
VIN: 01/23
New EDD: 01/26 - 02/02
Fremont Build

Ive now been given the option to schedule delivery! (Scheduled for 01/28 @ 3pm at the nearest Service Center)

Just got my VIN assigned just a few mins ago!

For reference heres my order details:

MYLR/White/Black/19" (Base config)
Order Date: 01/13 4pm PT
Original EDD: 01/24 - 2/7
VIN: 01/23
New EDD: 01/26 - 02/02
Fremont Build

Ive now been given the option to schedule delivery! (Scheduled for 01/28 @ 3pm at the nearest Service Center)
VIN to schedule delivery time was SUPER SHORT for you. I’m still waiting. Assuming the transit time & service center being overwhelmed has a ton to do with that.

Reactions: wilson502