Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 1/13 (at night)
White/Black 19’s -Basic build
SoCal
No EDD. Still showing January - March window.

Is anyone else in this same boat? Seems like I should’ve had a narrowed EDD by now.

My neighbor transports new Teslas from the rail yard all the time and parks a whole truck load of them on the street right behind his house. Might have to just ask him to assign me one of those.

Reactions: sdq_11
Ordered 1/13 (at night)
SoCal

Is anyone else in this same boat? Seems like I should’ve had a narrowed EDD by now.

My neighbor transports new Teslas from the rail yard all the time and parks a whole truck load of them on the street right behind his house. Might have to just ask him to assign me one of those.
did you complete the registration task in the app? for me EDD updated after completing the registration step and couple of others also saw similar behaviour

Reactions: KangThe
Just got my trade-in value after submitting the information on 1/19. I knew the offer would be lower than KBB, but I was surprised to see it coming in at $5k less. Looks like I might just keep it since I don’t NEED a new car right now.
Tesla was $4000 lower than what Carmax valued our trade. So we went to a Carmax and tbey gave us exactly what our quote said. We’ve sold 2 cars to them and it was an easy process. And we’ve sold one to Vroom. They gave us $8000 over what everyone else wanted to give us.
There are options out there!

Reactions: mswhite2010
Ordered 1/13 (at night)
SoCal

I placed an order with Tesla 1/17. Still no window, just says Jan - March. I’ve got the first three tasks complete in the app. I hadn’t answered the question about leasing or financing versus paying cash. I just answered that and now it’s says we will notify you once it’s time to continue with pre-delivery tasks. I get the feeling they are going to push me out past March given the number of people that are purchasing these things under $55K for the tax incentive.

My new edd is now 3/15-3/31! SMH! If I miss out on the credit, I’m going to order the MYP.

Cleanerwatt stated that the Model Y that uses the Panasonic 2170 cells made in Nevada should still qualify for the full $7,500 rebate even after the battery sourcing guidelines are clarified in March.

If I understand correctly, the Model Y Long Range and Performance both use 2170 cells.

Last edited:
Reactions: WyoDude
Cleanerwatt stated that the Model Y that uses the Panasonic 2170 cells made in Nevada should still qualify for the full $7,500 rebate even after the battery sourcing guidelines are clarified in March.

If I understand correctly, the Model Y Long Range and Performance both use 2170 cells.
We don’t know that for sure yet. Not only is battery assembly a consideration, but the source of the materials for the battery will play a role. Depending on how much of that is needed to be from the US, the Panasonic 2170 cells may not qualify. We won’t know until March or later.

• Informative
Reactions: sdq_11 and zroger73
Boston as well:
MYLR white/white/tow
OD: 1/13
EDD 1/28 - 2/25
no vin ye
Just got my trade-in value after submitting the information on 1/19. I knew the offer would be lower than KBB, but I was surprised to see it coming in at $5k less. Looks like I might just keep it since I don’t NEED a new car right now.
Try carvana. They give decent trades.

hi, can finance options be changed closer to delivery? In other words, if I select cash now, will I have an option to change it to finance later?
Yes, you can change from loan to cash on the fly. I did exactly that on my Model Y purchase. It just delays you because the paperwork is re-generated by HQ Finance Dept in Palo Alto CA. We went to lunch for two hours and when we returned the Docs were ready.

I live about 20 minutes from that Louisville service center and it must be a secret because it doesn't even appear on the Tesla web site or app. I am wondering if my car will be delivered there?
When your on your cell phone app go to your order page. If you have finished your pre-delivery tasks, go to the first step Registration and tap on VIEW Scroll down past the registration info and one of the last entries will be called Tesla Location. This is the Delivery Center assigned to you and will be the point of delivery. Good Luck

Reactions: geekfam and Cyclone