Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like many others, I'm hoping to take delivery in time to get full $7500 income tax deduction.

Like many others, I'm hoping to take delivery in time to get full $7500 income tax deduction.
We hope................

I wouldn't give them anything before I inspected the car. Unless there is some law in your state that requires prepayment or out of state sale.
I brought a bank draft and after I inspected I handed it over.
It sounds like we have a clear winner here. Cashier's check is the only way to go.

The breakdown of the amount is pretty straight-forward, but it does say that those numbers could change. (That would be annoying!) Fortunately, it looks like my bank has a branch less than a half mile from my pickup location 🤣 If the amount is wrong, worst case, I go there!

Thanks for all the info... now to decide whether to keep the Tesla wall charger and forgo the 2 cent per kwh credit when charging (JCP&L in NJ doesn't have Tesla as an approved device), or put in a juicebox... Seems like 2 cents per kwh would be about $6.80 per 1,000 miles.

You can change your order now if you like but I think they will charge you 500 extra because Tesla increased the base price. Confirm with a Tesla sales rep before making the change. Don't think it I will change if I still had to pay those extra 500. Even though the car price will be reduced by 1k, you will only save 500 in that case.
I modified my interior color and the base price remained at $52,990 (was NOT increased).

Reactions: hp1234 and Sohaib89
Currently listening to Tesla Q4 Earnings report. Elon said that recent discounts resulted in demand exceeding twice their production capability. Therefore, the recent price increase was intended to moderate that demand.
Crazy that demand was that high....well maybe not too crazy considering how big of a price drop it was. Crazier still that Elon thinks $500 is going to moderate demand for a $55K vehicle....LOL

Currently listening to Tesla Q4 Earnings report. Elon said that recent discounts resulted in demand exceeding twice their production capability. Therefore, the recent price increase was intended to moderate that demand.
Assuming demand was equal to or less than supply prior to the discounts, this suggests that each day that passes since the discounts began on the 13th results in two additional days of delay. So, if someone ordered on the 20th, their wait would increase by two weeks and someone ordering on the 27th would increase their wait by four weeks. Of course, this is probably grossly oversimplified.

Crazy that demand was that high....well maybe not too crazy considering how big of a price drop it was. Crazier still that Elon thinks $500 is going to moderate demand for a $55K vehicle....LOL
I suspect that they will continue to monitor demand very carefully and adjust pricing accordingly, in small increments. That's the beauty of the direct sales model that allows them to match demand to production capability and their planned ramp up. I think he also wants to avoid the long wait times and the resulting negative customer relations.

Reactions: WyoDude and geekfam
Deep Blue Metallic MYLR/19" Gemini Wheels/ Black Premium Interior/Five Seat/Autopilot
OD: 1/18/2023 (4 pm CST)
Estimated Delivery: Jan - Mar 2023
- Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.
I just changed my order to an available-in-stock MYP and received the VIN#
EDD is now 02/06 - 02/12
  • Model Y Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • Performance Upgrade
  • 21’’ Überturbine Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
😁

It sounds like we have a clear winner here. Cashier's check is the only way to go.

The breakdown of the amount is pretty straight-forward, but it does say that those numbers could change. (That would be annoying!) Fortunately, it looks like my bank has a branch less than a half mile from my pickup location 🤣 If the amount is wrong, worst case, I go there!

Thanks for all the info... now to decide whether to keep the Tesla wall charger and forgo the 2 cent per kwh credit when charging (JCP&L in NJ doesn't have Tesla as an approved device), or put in a juicebox... Seems like 2 cents per kwh would be about $6.80 per 1,000 miles.
The question is does JCPL cover the install? If not, stick with the Tesla Charger. I am in NJ as well and have PSEG. They are covering up to $1500 for install and permit. I am going with the juicebox

EDD is now 02/06 - 02/12
  • Solid Black Paint
  • Performance Upgrade
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
😁
I presume you are not eligible for the fed tax credit? Though if you are, was it for the performance and wheels? That would be an effective $10k difference, if you could get the credit. Not criticizing, just curious.

The question is does JCPL cover the install? If not, stick with the Tesla Charger. I am in NJ as well and have PSEG. They are covering up to $1500 for install and permit. I am going with the

EDD is now 02/06 - 02/12
  • Solid Black Paint
  • Performance Upgrade
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
😁
Based on the assigned VIN 7SAYGDEFXPF######, will my MYP be from the Fremont plant? Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing... vs. Austin 😶