Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would suggest get a black interior and put Taptes white seat covers on top. The best ones with Nappa leather cost around $569. They will protect your original black seats and also give you the option to have white or black seats anytime you want. That is what I am planning on doing. The original white interior can get dirty if you don't treat it properly every one or two weeks. Save those $1000 dollars and invest on seat covers and accessories. This should also reduce your EDD. Look at youtube reviews for Taptes seat covers and make up your mind. I am not their rep in any way and did my own research so do your own research before making a decision.
Taptes are the best, that i s what i ordered first and the black wheel hubs right after i put in my order. No point spending extra just for the white seat option. Taptes are way lot better. also Black seat option will get you a VIN assigned faster (i think...not sure though)

I got JCP&L too. They do cover up to $1,500 installation with a limited choices of chargers. I will go with Juicebox 40. So far, I have got a quote of $950. The wiring in my house is about 70ft. To qualify for the $250 charger incentive from the state, you cannot use Tesla either. Juicebox is good for both JCP&L and the state. I am not aware of the 30% federal tax credit though. Another homework for me :)
Does the $950 include the juice box? In other words, is it just a turnkey solution for $950? I realize you need to front the cost and submit for a rebate but worth it if no out of pocket after getting your money back. Also, does it include the permitting? My run is about 10ft but need to fish through a wall. Thanks for the info!

Here is a link that talks about the federal credit: The EV Charger Tax Credit Gets A 10-Year Extension—And A Few Upgrades

Reactions: mshort_utk
Does the $950 include the juice box? In other words, is it just a turnkey solution for $950? I realize you need to front the cost and submit for a rebate but worth it if no out of pocket after getting your money back. Also, does it include the permitting? My run is about 10ft but need to fish through a wall. Thanks for the info!

Here is a link that talks about the federal credit: The EV Charger Tax Credit Gets A 10-Year Extension—And A Few Upgrades
No, it doesn't include the charger. A Juicebox 40 costs around $750 including tax, so the total cost is like $1,700 in my case. There are $510 federal tax credit, $250 from the state, and $950 from JCP&L. After all the credits and rebates, I have $10 plus, not a bad deal. Permitting will be handled by the electrician included in the $950. It sounds that your installation cost may be significantly lower than mine with only 10 ft wiring.

Yeah, I wish I had known before I placed my order, but TWC arrived Monday LOL. More wondering what I'll be leaving on the table with charging costs. (And maybe Tesla's will eventually be able to participate in the program.)

I believe they do cover up to $1500 for the install, but what is your out-of-pocket costs? Can you get the whole thing done at zero cost to you? Also, you have to call around to electricians, get quotes, schedule the install, etc. Yeah, those are probably lame excuses. :)

The other side of it for me is, my install will not be that hard, and I'm reasonably handy. An hour ago I ran to an electrical supply place, picked up 30ft. of 6 awg and 15 ft. of 8 awg for the ground, 10 feet of conduit and related hardware, for $57.87. The 60 amp breaker was $52.24 (and I have room in the panel). I also have a main service disconnect at the meter so I can de-energize my entire panel so I don't electrocute myself! :)

I believe NJ will give me $250 toward the charger? and a federal tax credit for 30% of the cost? Still need to figure all that out.

Let me know how you make out with electricians I'm very curious!

I have gotten quotes from 1000-1300 for install. Includes 50amp breaker, hardwire, and installation of the unit outside of garage. To be honest, I don't care what the costs are, since the $1500 is a credit on my utility bill. I signed up for a new Travel Rewards Credit Card to pay for the installation, charger, permits. I'll take the FREE POINTS & Bonus Offer Points any day

I have gotten quotes from 1000-1300 for install. Includes 50amp breaker, hardwire, and installation of the unit outside of garage. To be honest, I don't care what the costs are, since the $1500 is a credit on my utility bill. I signed up for a new Travel Rewards Credit Card to pay for the installation, charger, permits. I'll take the FREE POINTS & Bonus Offer Points any day
So you get the 1500 even if your cost doesn't go up that high?? Does it cover the juicebox too?? Trying to figure out what it will actually cost you LOL to see if I need to reverse my tracks :)

So you get the 1500 even if your cost doesn't go up that high?? Does it cover the juicebox too?? Trying to figure out what it will actually cost you LOL to see if I need to reverse my tracks :)

I am expecting to spend up to $1500 for install & Permit (Not including Charger). As mentioned before, PSE&G is giving me back up to $1500 credits for install and permit fee on select brands of level 2 chargers.

Bought Juice Box 40 Hardwire for $650.00. Charge Up NJ is giving back $250.00 for Juice Box and Charge Point chargers only. We should also get back 30% Tax credits on the charger which has been extended into 2023. So with the credit of $195 + $250 from NJ, the Juice Box would cost me only $205.

At the end of the day. The Juice Box 40 will only cost me $205 after install and permits. (and the flipside, I will get back Travel Rewards points with my travel rewards credit card)

Reactions: jhirsch123
either your current year income or prior year (202
Remember though, for this 7k credit IRS considers either your current year income or prior year (2022) - whichever is less.
Oh wow, interesting; I didn't know if I purchased an MY this year, 2023; the $7500 tax credit can be applied to the last year's 2022 income!
I purchased a Polestar 2 last year (2022) and am planning to claim the $7500 EV tax credit when filing taxes this year for 2022.

Oh wow, interesting; I didn't know if I purchased an MY this year, 2023; the $7500 tax credit can be applied to the last year's 2022 income!
I purchased a Polestar 2 last year (2022) and am planning to claim the $7500 EV tax credit when filing taxes this year for 2022.
NO, you can use as reference either tax returns to see if you qualify. then you use the credit in the EV Tax credit on the fiscal year you purchased the EV car.